Just when I think I’m out

Boosted92LX

It's only an inch or two. What's the big deal?
15 Year Member
Dec 19, 2010
So, a coworker of mine who lives near me has a brother who drag races stock class foxes. He is always buying E7 heads and stock long blocks to work over, and had these two rollers for sale after robbing the mills from them. I’ve been getting better at painting, and my son and I just did pretty well flipping a Civic that I painted... then these popped up. With the market for nice foxes getting pretty crazy, (which I predicted here ten years ago and everyone here called me a fool..) I thought, why not? I could make a mint off these babies! I just have to bring myself to actually SELL them, LOL.

So, I bought the pair, for less than $1500. I’ll be moving them to my shop this weekend and getting ready to go to work. I’m going to do the Calypso car first. It’s pretty straight and needs very little body work. I’m going to strip the interior and clean it completely, paint anything that looks dull and replace the rest. I’ll be on the lookout for a stock engine and trans, and once that’s done she’ll get a brand new coat of bright calypso green. Then on to the GT. I might just keep it, but the jury’s still out on that. Always wanted to do a Cobra clone, but still undecided. The only thing I know for sure on it is the hood and Saleen spoiler will be sold.

It was too good to pass up. I swear this is a disease...

23CEB488-CB0F-4920-90D4-E707A7567B45.jpeg
AECF239A-437F-4141-975B-C2401DB5D290.jpeg
BDFDDB85-21B6-4CBB-814B-BA07CFDB1F55.jpeg
4170B002-CB7F-486A-A0D9-C9F7A18778D3.jpeg
8C6CBCA3-97BC-41F5-9F0D-FBC18222B4BA.jpeg

• Hell Yeah!
Reactions: 9 users
  • Sponsors (?)

I’m out of the loop. What ever happened to your turbo car?
Well, I popped a head gasket and pulled the motor to freshen it up, then Hurricane Harvey flooded my house. It took a year and a half to rebuild and when I finally moved back in I just didn’t feel it anymore. I got an offer I couldn’t refuse, so I sold it and bought a ZX14R Ninja. I recently traded my s550 off on a certified preowned bmw, and kinda got the itch again. Then I saw these and pounced.

Reactions: 1 users
One down... cleaning up the shop today to make room, if I have time I’ll go load up the other.
79828287-F11F-4003-B2AF-3A4C7BD204DB.jpeg

Reactions: 1 user
I also have this thing I need to tuck away for safe keeping. I have a 351w I was about to dive into for it head first until I tripped over the foxes. It’s going to be crowded around here.
E6E249CC-D2C9-4A8F-A430-DBEFE789D4C1.jpeg

• Hell Yeah!
Reactions: 3 users
71? I had a 70. wish i never got rid of that car!

71. When I got it I wasn’t expecting to get into a fox again. Not sure I’m going to keep it... we’ll see. I can’t stand a crowded shop, and it’s close to full already. I need more shop!:chin

• Agree
Reactions: 3 users
It's very tempting to make you an offer... Want a completed 66 T-Bird, slightly custom? lol

You know the old saying... everything is for sale.
Fire away.

edit: thanks for the offer on the T-Bird, I’m kinda booked currently, lol.

Last edited:
72EB1876-56E1-4F7E-8109-7504C265019E.jpeg

Break time. Getting there... what a mess. I’ve had too many little projects come through here in a hurry to take a breather and straighten up. I had to do this on a weekend that my boy didn’t come home from school too. What was I thinking?

• Winner
Reactions: 5 users
Suck-cess! I’m gonna close up shop and go take some Advil. Momma wants me to drive to town and drop off taxes. Moar pics later!
098CCC3B-6ADF-4567-BF4A-A6600A652BF1.jpeg

Reactions: 5 users
Looking great man! Congrats! The cobra clone would be cool, but so would a nicely done GT.

I hear you on a crowded shop so I totally get it. Good luck!

Thanks man. I’m thinking maybe just a Cobra rear bumper and deep emerald green over titanium. I had a friend with one that color and it was gorgeous. I might just go that route.