Just when I think I’m out

Well, it’s been another while since I’ve posted so I thought I’d drop in and look around. Life is a whirlwind with work and family. Kids coming and going while I have no clue what’s happening around me. I feel really old. But I’ll get back to that...

I have been piddling with this engine, and waiting on a friend of mine to tear his car down so I can take his T5 and mate it to this jewel. (He’s taking forever!)The plan was to drop it into the GT, which now has an AJE K member installed, and soon UPR coilovers and front spindles/rotors Will go back in... But that engine plan may have changed.
A574979C-547A-4EDC-9520-F685C7A83CF5.jpeg
0B425A35-77F2-48BF-8F19-6DEECBFAD404.jpeg
9504B636-80D4-452D-8F92-48F9AA209164.jpeg

For those that remember my Calypso 92, the guy that I sold it to and I have become pretty good friends. We keep in touch on Facebook and I buy parts from him regularly; he buys and sells foxes, and parts them out as well to finance his hobby.

One day he made a post on FB of a car he bought to part out...
5A3917D6-C97B-4FE8-9E57-A95BA62BAC57.jpeg

I said, “Hey wait a minute! Don’t cut that up! I wanna see it! I’m getting to like verts!”

Can you guess what happened next? Yuuup.
73C96E0A-E0B7-4107-A18E-BCFA2B38493F.jpeg

23F2A978-A383-4524-AAEB-D8D19F82B3C1.jpeg

$1600 and she’s mine. I threw a black set of wheels on it I had in the shop, and with a little work, it’s on the road. A running driving 5.0 5 speed 90k mile vert for $1600. Yes, it needs a new top, yes it needs interior, yes, it needs paint... but I couldn’t pass it up. It’s a disease. Collin is laughing at me over it, LOL. Oh well. SO, it has antique plates on it (an 87 with antique plates. That really makes me feel old!), I’m just going to cruise it and most likely drop the engine in the pics above in this car since it’s mild, and save the 351w I have tucked away for the GT.

Just a little more work on it and it’s off to get a new top. Then, I can resume work on the GT! :D

Attachments

• 2289049D-2596-4134-8C40-9DFE43ECBB8B.jpeg
    2289049D-2596-4134-8C40-9DFE43ECBB8B.jpeg
    122.4 KB · Views: 76
  • Hell Yeah!
Reactions: 11 users
  • Sponsors (?)

Congrats! Wish I was closer to you. I'd take the 90k original motor from that car off your hands in a heartbeat. I'm in need of an eventual motor for the '66.

Reactions: 1 user
Congrats! Wish I was closer to you. I'd take the 90k original motor from that car off your hands in a heartbeat. I'm in need of an eventual motor for the '66.
Yeah, that is a trek for a motor. You never know, though. We have a friend that makes frequent trips to Dallas. Maybe a pickup could be arranged there. But- that’s down the road. We’ll see.

edit: Thanks, btw!

Hey Allen, good to hear from you again.

I really like the Z1 tribute bike a lot. :nice:

I still like that shop of yours.

So your son is going to a Texas college then, huh?......That’s too bad....... :D

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users
Yeah, that is a trek for a motor. You never know, though. We have a friend that makes frequent trips to Dallas. Maybe a pickup could be arranged there. But- that’s down the road. We’ll see.

edit: Thanks, btw!
Let me know! We’ll be in Dallas next month for my youngest’s surgery and then thanksgiving. I could probably convince the wife the let me put the engine in the back of the family van under the luggage.

Let me know! We’ll be in Dallas next month for my youngest’s surgery and then thanksgiving. I could probably convince the wife the let me put the engine in the back of the family van under the luggage.
If the van is FWD, putting an engine into the back of the van might end up a permanent AWD conversion.

While not as cool as a breadbox Econoline, D100 or Corvan, putting an engine in the back of a van brought to mind a dual engine exhibition vehicle. I just did not state it that clearly before breakfast.

A Windor 5.0 should not be heavy enough to make the van uncontrollable if you can strap it in place while in transport. With musicians and equipment, our band wagons have had much more weight in them than that on many road trips.

Ah. Thought you were saying it wasn’t a good idea because of weight distribution.

• Useful
I can guarantee I won’t be swapping that engine within a month. If or when I do, it’ll be because I pulled it to paint the engine bay along with the rest of the car. That.. will be a while.

I can guarantee I won’t be swapping that engine within a month. If or when I do, it’ll be because I pulled it to paint the engine bay along with the rest of the car. That.. will be a while.
No worries. It may be a while before I can find one locally. There’s practically nothing local on any classifieds I can find.

Hey Allen, good to hear from you again.

I really like the Z1 tribute bike a lot. :nice:

I still like that shop of yours.

So your son is going to a Texas college then, huh?......That’s too bad....... :D
*Sigh* Yeah. Good or bad, I don’t know, but he’s taking a break from college because engineering school is too difficult online apparently. This due to Covid. So, right now he’s on the road doing millwright work in chemical plants. His goal is to put a pile of money up to help pay for college when Covid blows over.

You should come on down and help with some body work on my cars, man! I have two bikes, we can go ride when we aren’t sanding ! :D

• Haha
*Sigh* Yeah. Good or bad, I don’t know, but he’s taking a break from college because engineering school is too difficult online apparently. This due to Covid. So, right now he’s on the road doing millwright work in chemical plants. His goal is to put a pile of money up to help pay for college when Covid blows over.

You should come on down and help with some body work on my cars, man! I have two bikes, we can go ride when we aren’t sanding ! :D
I hadn’t even thought about engineering students trying to complete their degree online. That would be challenging for sure.

If you were only about 500 miles closer Allen, I’d be there for you...... :D

E5940B13-D4E0-44A0-BA41-72FF2F666DFC.jpeg

Got some new shiny stuff for the vert. Eventually they’ll find their way into the car. I still haven’t dropped the new engine in it.. I’m going to flycut the pistons and put these babies on it before the heart transplant. Of course this will be after the five lug swap and new shoes part of the project is done. She’s coming along slowly.

• Hell Yeah!
Reactions: 7 users
E5940B13-D4E0-44A0-BA41-72FF2F666DFC.jpeg

Got some new shiny stuff for the vert. Eventually they’ll find their way into the car. I still haven’t dropped the new engine in it.. I’m going to flycut the pistons and put these babies on it before the heart transplant. Of course this will be after the five lug swap and new shoes part of the project is done. She’s coming along slowly.
Are these the Enforcers?