Just when I think I’m out

• Sponsors (?)

At least you’re honest with yourself;)
I think I’m just getting old. LOL! I have no illusions of greatness. I just kick around and do my thing...
at a slower pace these days. I have a bad back and I’m trying to stay active more now, when it’s not killing me; I let it turn me into a couch potato for a long time. I’m trying to break that habit. I actually sold my S550 because it hurt me to drive it. I traded it in on a low milage 2016 535i that I absolutely love! It is very friendly to my wrecked spine.

Reactions: 1 user
I think I’m just getting old. LOL! I have no illusions of greatness. I just kick around and do my thing...
at a slower pace these days. I have a bad back and I’m trying to stay active more now, when it’s not killing me; I let it turn me into a couch potato for a long time. I’m trying to break that habit. I actually sold my S550 because it hurt me to drive it. I traded it in on a low milage 2016 535i that I absolutely love! It is very friendly to my wrecked spine.

The leather seats in my 2011 were not comfortable for me either. The stockers in my fox were redone at some point, as the foam is thick and nice. They’re pretty comfy. Good to see you post.

The leather seats in my 2011 were not comfortable for me either. The stockers in my fox were redone at some point, as the foam is thick and nice. They’re pretty comfy. Good to see you post.
Thanks! I need to drop in here more often. Progress on my heap has been slow and I haven’t a lot to share, but I’m trying to get back in the swing.

my S550 was a Performance Pack car and the suspension was pretty tight, aside from the seats being an issue. It made me wince every time I hit a pebble, lol. Cornered AMAZINGLY, though! My 5 series is quite a bit softer suspension wise. Both great cars, built for different purposes.

Made some more progress today! I got the k member in along with coil overs and spindles. I still need to bleed the brakes out and throw a rack in her.
B4BF55D9-5150-4CEA-8F27-B1A398B2A5CB.jpeg
242F4B69-457B-410C-868B-938D17304023.jpeg

2F2B4F3E-4BA1-40BD-ACAC-07325429F5B4.jpeg

EE5DF19F-CF29-4DAF-A649-75E696E29C6D.jpeg

CABDEDEA-4A2F-4597-812E-C75570AFE681.jpeg
C8DE87D2-6FA6-4B81-91CF-BF519318AEF6.jpeg
B77AE065-D3A2-44F2-B564-721A7A49ECBD.jpeg

• Hell Yeah!
Reactions: 9 users
hey Allen:cheers:. I hate you for your lift, lol.

My brother is having surgery on his lower back next month. Getting the lower three or four vertebrae fused. It’s apparently a good thing:scratch:.

I’ve recently gotten back into looking at videos of fox builds and stuff of that nature. there’s an interest rebuilding in me too. Though yours seems more active than mine:nonono:.

I‘m glad you seem to be doing well (sort of).

hey Allen:cheers:. I hate you for your lift, lol.

My brother is having surgery on his lower back next month. Getting the lower three or four vertebrae fused. It’s apparently a good thing:scratch:.

I’ve recently gotten back into looking at videos of fox builds and stuff of that nature. there’s an interest rebuilding in me too. Though yours seems more active than mine:nonono:.

I‘m glad you seem to be doing well (sort of).
Thanks bud! About the time I tell myself I need to go have surgery I get to feeling better and I stop looking into it. Then... it starts bothering me again. Right now I’m doing pretty ok. Let’s hope it stays like that a while!

E717B38B-89AA-486F-AF48-D90F41F58BD7.jpeg
89EA917C-173C-4AFD-83FA-1EE3515B6B72.jpeg

Ignoring the busted trim and greasy finger prints, here’s how she sits now. Drives pretty good! If you count my son’s car that we restored... this isn’t the biggest POS I’ve had in the stable.

• Hell Yeah!
Reactions: 5 users
Damn,what happened to the driver's side rocker?
I am not quite sure. About 3 owners ago it was in an accident that caused that, the dent that busted the 1/4 belt molding, and also dented the well the tail light sits in. I plan on buying a stud welder/puller to repair all of that nonsense before I paint it in the months to come.

Fix the hood gap and see if you can find an OEM chin spoiler ( dunno if they make aftermarket? :shrug: ) before chasing down any cooling issues.
:D

I have a laser straight oem hood, two brand new repop fenders, and a decent oem bumper that will replace the front end when I paint it. Then, and only then will I monkey with panel gaps, LOL!
But seriously, yeah. I have a cowl cover and wiper arms, and everything I need that’s missing... except time to put it on.

All in time.

@CarMichael Angelo so this is what’s replacing that orange scaly snake. My pal that races SCCA with a fox wanted a stock K member to experiment on and stay within his class restrictions. I obliged him and he returned the favor with this gently used Steeda sway bar. I am pleased. :D
878C4EE4-0B1F-4A25-8FBB-E1FF85DF6F8A.jpeg

• Hell Yeah!
Reactions: 4 users