• Mustang Forums
  • 1996 - 2004 SN95 Mustang -General/Talk-
  • SN95 V6 Mustang Tech

K member Help

  • Thread starter Thread starter Ronis
  • Start date Start date Oct 17, 2022
R

Ronis

New Member
Jul 15, 2022
2
0
1
New Jersey
Oct 17, 2022
#1
  • Oct 17, 2022
  • #1
I have a few questions I have a 02 3.8l and wanted to know if I can use an after market K member that says it fits the 4.6l from what I have researched it does but wanted to confirm.

Another question is: Is the K member the same between the 99 convertible 3.8l as a 2002 3.8l coupe. With my 3.8l coupe I bent the k member and a partially on the frame rail about .5 inches and might need to switch over suspension, my upgraded diff and motor/transmission into a vert 3.8l shell if all parts would be the same.
 

Mustang5L5

That is…until I whipped out my Bissell
Mod Dude
Feb 18, 2001
43,324
18,049
224
Massachusetts
Nov 3, 2022
#2
  • Nov 3, 2022
  • #2
While not true for pre-96 K-members, for 96-04 Ford decided to consolidate down to one common k-member.

So 96-04 v6 and 4.6 cars have the same K-member but with redesigned engine mount perches to accept either the v6 or 4.6l motor mount.

So a 99 k-member will work in a 2002

A tubular will also work, as the max Motorsports k member does say both 4.6 and v6

 

kiddiccarus

The first widely accepted Tranny
20+ Year Stangneter
Dec 24, 2003
1,789
1,051
143
30 Mins from a Ragged GT
Nov 17, 2022
#3
  • Nov 17, 2022
  • #3
Thank You Mike........ I was looking at this same issue. ON a rebuild I want to go tubular on this 01 coupe I have and was having issues looking for a K member which would actually give me the information needed. I will probably stay with 3.8 on it but like the option of going 5.0 in the future. Like I have always said. Build the Platform before building the block and you will always be happy
 
You must log in or register to reply here.

Similar threads

Front Coil Overs and Rear Traditional Springs within a Maximum Motorsports K-Member Kit
  • Habu135
  • Sep 7, 2026
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-
  • 2
Replies
24
Views
558
1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk- Sep 9, 2026
Habu135
H
Transmission Help
  • Harman78
  • Feb 20, 2025
  • SN95 V6 Mustang Tech
Replies
2
Views
309
SN95 V6 Mustang Tech Feb 21, 2025
Harman78
H
T
Sn95 k member on fox
  • Tadams1448
  • Jun 29, 2024
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-
Replies
1
Views
667
1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk- Jul 2, 2024
Habu135
0
V6 to V8 Swap info
  • 02_2v_Curtis
  • Jan 11, 2026
  • 1996 - 2004 SN95 Mustang -General/Talk-
Replies
0
Views
883
1996 - 2004 SN95 Mustang -General/Talk- Jan 11, 2026
02_2v_Curtis
0
R
What's it Worth? 1997 Cobra, a ton of mods and restoration
  • riored97snake
  • Jun 18, 2026
  • What is it Worth?!?!?
Replies
2
Views
330
What is it Worth?!?!? Jun 21, 2026
riored97snake
R
Share:
Bluesky Email Share Link
  • Mustang Forums
  • 1996 - 2004 SN95 Mustang -General/Talk-
  • SN95 V6 Mustang Tech
Menu
Log in

Register

  • Forums
  • What's new
  • Media
  • Resources
  • Contact
  • Sponsor
X

Privacy & Transparency

We use cookies and similar technologies for the following purposes:

  • Personalized ads and content
  • Content measurement and audience insights

Do you accept cookies and these technologies?

X

Privacy & Transparency

We use cookies and similar technologies for the following purposes:

  • Personalized ads and content
  • Content measurement and audience insights

Do you accept cookies and these technologies?