K member Help

Ronis

Jul 15, 2022
New Jersey
I have a few questions I have a 02 3.8l and wanted to know if I can use an after market K member that says it fits the 4.6l from what I have researched it does but wanted to confirm.

Another question is: Is the K member the same between the 99 convertible 3.8l as a 2002 3.8l coupe. With my 3.8l coupe I bent the k member and a partially on the frame rail about .5 inches and might need to switch over suspension, my upgraded diff and motor/transmission into a vert 3.8l shell if all parts would be the same.

• Sponsors (?)

While not true for pre-96 K-members, for 96-04 Ford decided to consolidate down to one common k-member.

So 96-04 v6 and 4.6 cars have the same K-member but with redesigned engine mount perches to accept either the v6 or 4.6l motor mount.

So a 99 k-member will work in a 2002

A tubular will also work, as the max Motorsports k member does say both 4.6 and v6

915D0C52-2E02-460D-A099-5CA9E2B926BE.png

Thank You Mike........ I was looking at this same issue. ON a rebuild I want to go tubular on this 01 coupe I have and was having issues looking for a K member which would actually give me the information needed. I will probably stay with 3.8 on it but like the option of going 5.0 in the future. Like I have always said. Build the Platform before building the block and you will always be happy