KARMA CAME BACK AND GOT ME** BIG SCREWUP HAPPENED TODAY **

kosmos

Dec 15, 2008
I commented on winters damn kids thread saying how I didnt feel bad for him well karma came back today and really screwed me over, so I apoligize for the comment and now I have to pay for it big time,

today I was driving and my clutch pedal went to the floor so I managed to park and call my installer to come look at it, well he said he'd have to drive it back to his shop to fix it but he could drive it since he knew how to shift the car since the clutch came unhooked, he works on mustangs all his life so he knew what he was doing well before he showed up I popped the hood and layed it back down but didnt latch it and put the hood pins in well when he got in the car and said he'd drive it to his house i drive his truck i never thought about the hood, well 3 miles down the road, hood came up busted the windshield out and dented the roof and hood, so now here I was a week away with money in my pocket to get my spoiler painted and put on and be happy now all my hard earned money goes to fixing the car back to where it was, and I gotta call brothers performance tommorro to talk to them about sending me a replacement clutch qaudrant the hook part of the kit that has the 2 hook fingers that go under the dash one of the hooks broke off which caused the cable to come off but my installer manged to use the one hook left so I could drive the car, so i managed to drive it to my uncles body shop and its sitting right now till i hear the bad news tommorro about price and where do i go from here, so lesson learned kids dont mock someone because karma is a b*tch and im about to blow up because the last 3 months have been nothing but headachs if you've read my threads about bad parts being sent to me or my racing seats problem, I cant seem to get a break for nothing :(

• Sponsors (?)

hood pins werent in, thats why they didnt work, and I was so mind ******* about the clutch going out and him rushing to drive it to his shop I forgot and now im so screwed its not even funny, to be honost i feel like crying im so depressed

the part that hurts the most is the day was starting off good no problems than bam it went to hell, spare money is hard to have no with the economy bad and i was so happy to have the money to finally paint my spoiler and have it installed and have some paint work done while it was in the shop now i gotta blow it all for this mess, and it takes so long to save up again to do this again so im sick to my stomach right now but thats life, you win some you lose some, I just hate that it happens today sunday the day before the week I was gonna have my car finished up and looking clean now it looks terrible, im almost to the point of going off the deep end because I also have some personal drama going on in my life right now as well and this just tops the cake, sorry to vent to you guys but i gotta let off some steam

in 2 weeks i'll have $2,046 total, If that would cover fixing my hood, roof, windshield, plus paint the spoiler and install for it, and fix my rear driver side quarter panel where someone side swiped my car, everything would work out in the end but i dont know i'll find out tommorro on price, It is my uncle after all but still cant do it for free no matter if its family or not:rolleyes:

in 2 weeks i'll have $2,046 total, If that would cover fixing my hood, roof, windshield, plus paint the spoiler and install for it, and fix my rear driver side quarter panel where someone side swiped my car, everything would work out in the end but i dont know i'll find out tommorro on price, It is my uncle after all but still cant do it for free no matter if its family or not:rolleyes:

2k may not cover all of that. Last year I didn't latch my hood good enough and it came up on me and did basically the same thing to mine. Total cost of repairs was $2700. I had to foot the $500 deductible.

new windshield on bigfordparts.com is $141 plus shipping, so I dont know, he quoted me on repainting my whole back bumper, fixing and painting the driver quarter panel, repainting my trunk lid and filling in the holes from cobra R spoiler all for $800 since family, of course thats a quote but lets say I add the spoiler install to that now where up to lets says $1,100, that takes care of what i had planed in the first place, than the windshield problem leaves me with $946 to fix all that mess, odds dont look good but maybe since it didnt hurt my hood to bad or my roof, guess i'll just have to start installment payments for the rest if he'd do that:shrug:, I know im not popular on this site but please pray for me cause it is a ford mustang whose suffering here

Both of my hood hinges needed replaced. The hood looked fixable on the outside, but was cracked pretty good on the underside. The plastic cowl piece just in front of the windshield was cracked on mine as well. They aren't cheap($150 or so). All of those little things add up to quite a bit. Mine also had two small dents in the roof where the GT hoodscoop hit the roof. Yours may not have done as much damage as mine though.

mine didnt crack the plastic housing under the windshield wipers thank god, and it put a dent in the roof but minor, it bent the henges so i'll need 2 of them probably, as for the hood it will have to be painted on for sure, as for my trunk lid I have stock spoiler holes as well as cobra R spoiler holes from when i changed from stock spoiler, so i gotta fill in the cobar R holes thats it, since i'll use the stock holes with the saleen spoiler, i dont know im just speculating right now, i wont know till tommorro when i sat down with my uncle and discuss prices :(

I got my insurance company to pay for the windshield and installation *no charge*, so now I worked a plan out with my uncle to get my spoiler installed along with repaired hood, roof, and everything else, so saving money on the windshield helped me out a lot:nice:

I got my insurance company to pay for the windshield and installation *no charge*, so now I worked a plan out with my uncle to get my spoiler installed along with repaired hood, roof, and everything else, so saving money on the windshield helped me out a lot:nice:

What a min..If your insurance replaced your windshield then that means you have comprehensive on your insurance policy, which means that you also have collision too? Why not just get the damaged fixed and pay the deductable?

Screwing up your car sucks, I know first hand. I had a loser that had no insurance hit my 87' GT Mustang back in 05'. I only had liability at the time so I ended up footing the nearly 4k to get the car back right.

yeah I got comprehensive, $250 deductible, but i dont want my policy to go up by claiming the body damage

I don't think your policy will go up. When my car got vandalized, I had a $250 deductable and the damage was close to $1300. It had no effect on my policy whatsoever. Try going to your insurance company's website and chek out the faq page to make sure. Even if your rates will go up, I would still do it because it'll save you a bunch of money now for the trade off of paying a little more each month. If shes your daily driver then you should prolly go that route.

yeah I got comprehensive, $250 deductible, but i dont want my policy to go up by claiming the body damage

That is a wives tale sometime... My grandparents have owned an underwriting agency for 28 years and they have tought me a litttle along the way. Most good drivers over 25 that have no major ticket or at fault accidents will not see a major increase in their rates after they make the claim. If your decuctible is 250 then your already paying that extra $$$ for the lower decuctible. if you made your claim which is why your paying for comp/coll ins. then you would over time pay less to have them fix your car. On top of that you could sneak the spoiler in because the car would likley need a repaint. It is your money, though.

my insurance paid for all of the damage, hood, roof, windshield, and that made it where i could get my spoiler painted and installed plus $688 extra cash to put in my pocket since they wrote me a check for $1600, so once i get it back i gotta have the windshield half tinted like before, and put this new clutch qaudrant on since the old one started this whole mess, I dont know if it bent or what but the cable came off it somehow and thats what started this whole damn mess, started off to a good day than everything went to hell but at least I should have the car back done and complete by friday if nothing else goes bad, fingers crossed :nonono: