KB blower questions

Teen'93stang5.0

Founding Member
May 26, 2002
winning
ok, my car is slowly begining to get the little things, but in planning ahead i definately see a KB supercharger sitting attop the block....so heres my question, to what extent do i need to modify my 96 GT to make it safe to run in the neighborhood of 9-11lbs of boost that doesnt come with the KB kit?

thanks in advance

-Evan

If your not allowd to add performance mods I highly doubt the supercharger is an option.

In all seriousness, the KB kit should come with everything you need to have it run on your car. I'm not sure what fuel system comes with it though.

Teen'93stang5.0 said:
well like i said, it wouldnt happen for a while, and as long as it doesnt fudge up drivability, i dont see why they would ever know (neither of them know what a blower sounds like)

You dont' think a blower will "fudge" up drivability? If they drive it they will know immediately the first time they press teh go go pedal hard. Hopefully they wont' crash it due to not expecting it.

That all depends on the tune and how much HP that amount of boost will give you. The bottom end starts failing with a little more than 400 RWHP and with the wrong tune you can break a piston with 4lbs of boost. A 96 can handle more boost with the proper tune than 99+ because it won't produce as much power.