KB: Does a small shot of nitros cool IAT?

YellowJacketGT

Founding Member
Oct 28, 2002
Does anyone have any data to support using Nitros to cool down intake temperatures? If so how much does NOS reduce the temperature?

What size shot is used for KB applications?

Advantages of Wet vs dry application?

KB 2v tech tips article specifies/identifies water injection as one of the Don't do applications. Not sure why... Maybe they advise against a non-gas going through the blower. Not really sure. (If this is true , this would imply / question the use of a wet NOS setup).

I noticed most NOS configured spraying before the Throttle body. Is this done because it's cheaper? Does this setup actually cool the components of the blower?

I have already tried larger water holding tank, larger heat exchanger + fans, porting heads. Still not happy IAT temperatures.

• Sponsors (?)

Bump..

I have seen some messages implying a dry system can cause some vacuum problems?

Water injection sounds like an answer. You do loose a bit of HP but can gain it back with timing.

Hmm, I'll have to check on the cooling affects but I ran nitrous with my 1.7 and now with the 2.2. I didn't have any heat issues with the 1.7 or 2.2 and I lived in Florida until recently. Stock heat exchanger too.

I can tell you this, I went from 485/482 with no nitrous on the 1.7 to 568/630 with a 75 shot and from 615/570 to 660/698 on the 2.2 with the same shot, rwhp and rwtq.