Keyless Entry?

How is that done? My wife just bought a 2000 Mustang V6 and it had a keyless remote that came with the car, but even after changing the battery it doesn't work.

In your wife's case I'd look at the remote module.
I believe it's in the driver's side door.

Any car with power door locks can have a remote keyless entry system installed.

I bought mine from Pepboys years ago. It's a Bulldog system.

Just a pain to get to the wires because they're between the driver's side kick panel and the fuse block under the dash.

Does anybody know if I would be able to install keyless entry? I heard it can only be done if the car had the option from the factory? My car has an alarm but I don't want connect it....

You can buy a factory remote on ebay for around $10-20 and give it a shot to see if yours is already installed, and they come with instructions. ..

How is that done? My wife just bought a 2000 Mustang V6 and it had a keyless remote that came with the car, but even after changing the battery it doesn't work.

The remote may need to be programmed. ..google how to program a keyless entry remote and you should find the instructions. ..really easy, just a bunch of steps, like turning the ignition on and off 7 times...cant remember exactly..

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk 2

If you mean the black box it should be in the truck behind the carpet on the drivers side.

Lol figures I don't post here in years and when I do I misspell and write truck instead of trunk. I've had my my bouts with that stupid box on the Mystery Machine. My trunk leaks and it dripped on it frying it. I was able to take it apart and dry it once or twice but the last time I tried I couldn't get it back together and broke it.

Not sure to be honest....I cant remember the last time I saw an originalbkey fob and not a replacement. ..im trying to figure out how to tell if my 96 gt had the factory keyless installed...

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk 2