Kidd Valley this Saturday

wythors

Get off my lawn!!!
Founding Member
May 17, 2000
C Addle
I anticipate that this weekend's cruise-in is going to be huge, what with all of you folks coming to town for the Round-Up. A couple of things: Since someone told me tonight that he'd heard about the place, but had never seen directions posted:

From I-5 either north or south bound take the NE 145th Street exit. Turn west and proceed about one mile to Aurora Avenue North. At this intersection there will be a Las Margaritas restaurant on the left and a Walgreen's Drug on the right. Turn left onto Aurora Avenue North and Kidd Valley will be a block down on the right. Very easy to get to.

Parking is going to be very tight if we get upwards of 50 cars, which I think we easily will. Please do not park in the center area near the picnic tables. Dennis tries to reserve those spots for regular customers. Parking will be down both outside lanes and in the rear of the restaurant. Overflow will have to park on the street on the south side of 143rd and we may have to double park in the rear. If you park on 143rd, note that Metro buses use this street, so make sure you park well off the white line. Dennis is working on trying to get some of the neighboring businesses to allow us to use their lots as well.

Please buy some food. Kidd Valley offers us a 10% discount, in addition to a place to meet, and the food is great. We pretty much run off the other customers on Saturdays, so please support our hosts and make it worth their time to host this event.

A note to folks that have not been here before. The Seattle Police officers that patrol this area on Saturday night are pretty cool. A couple of them have taken to cruising through regularly and stopping to talk cars. As long as you don't do anything really stupid, they probably won't hassle you. However, the Seattle city limits are at 145th. North of there, you're in Shoreline and their police department requires that their officers undergo a sense of humor removal procedure when they get hired. I know people that have been ticketed for four mph over, as well as for loud pipes and window tint. Consider yourself warned.

Have a great Round-Up!

View attachment 377511

• Sponsors (?)

Burger King out in Arlington off hiway 9 is getting pretty crazy on saturday. Its closer to where i live also. Give it a try guys. Its a nice drive...

.... Also, the Kidd Valley cruise in is 99.99% mustangs. You won't be disapointed.

'Nuff said.

Arlington is nice, but KV is 10 minutes from my house and MUCH closer for 90% of the folks in the Seattle area. I may get up there sometime this summer, but for the Mustang weekend, I'll go to the Mustang cruise-in.