Koni Active struts n shocks

fasterdamitt

Feb 20, 2003
so cal
Time for me to upgrade the suspension again on my DD. Car started with Ford Racing track kit, when turned a DD I needed to remove it due to harshness. Went with BMR 009 springs and Strange adjustable shocks. Three of the Strange's have gone South internally in a year so time to get rid of them. Looking at Koni Strt or Active. These will be complimented by my current BMR 009 springs. I have been calling several shops that sell Koni and Koni mfg, and none of the sales people are helpful in answering how the new Active will work with a lowered Mustang. My main concern is bouncing off the snubbers all day. Hopefully someone has experience with the actives...

• Sponsors (?)

Steeda has a youtube video of them testing the Koni Active saying they are great. In the comments under the video someone asked a question, would they work with their Steeda lowering springs? Steeda said yes. But if you go the Steeda's web site, they don't even offer them for sale :(. I would just go with the yellow adjustable Koni. When my orange non adjustable Koni's need replaced, I'm going with the yellow adjustable.

Steeda has a youtube video of them testing the Koni Active saying they are great. In the comments under the video someone asked a question, would they work with their Steeda lowering springs? Steeda said yes. But if you go the Steeda's web site, they don't even offer them for sale :(. I would just go with the yellow adjustable Koni. When my orange non adjustable Koni's need replaced, I'm going with the yellow adjustable.
Steeda sells them under their name for s550''s but not listed for s197. When I called they had no information other than what the website states. Too bad you can't talk with a real enthusiast when calling a shop...