Lakewood single adj front struts

JD1964

there is enough sticking out to grab on to
15 Year Member
Jun 28, 2013
Maryland
I installed the Lakewood struts. They are on the first setting which is the softest (drag race). With the trunk mount battery, heavy subwoofer and these struts, my traction problem is definitely getting better. After a bit of driving to warm the tires I can hold second pretty good and I could not do that before. I still cant push first too hard without wheel spin. But thats ok for now. I'm practicing throttle regulation in first and getting better. I'll ease off the line and go 1/4. then 1/2. then full. It will start spinning the moment I go to full but then I'll slam second and keep the pedal down. It will squawk second pretty good for a short bit then grab and hold.

The full drag setting is not bothering me during cornering or normal driving. I actually like it since it takes away the harshness on the bumps. It rides much quieter and nicer in the front for sure. It's a tiny bit floaty at highway speeds, such as when you're going 75mph and you go over a bridge crossing another roadway. Just a tiny bounce but it recovers right away. Again, smoother cruising than I've ever felt in this car.

I still have the factory sway bar and cornering is still plenty good with no excessive body roll.

I'm as impressed with the improved ride quality as whatever traction improvement I may have gained.

Reactions: 2 users
  • Sponsors (?)