Lakewood Traction Bars?

MaxTheHooker

Jan 15, 2008
anyone running these/heard anything about them? i was looking under my car today and just found out that i had them.. i know, i know... did anyone notice a real good improvement from them? any feedback at all? i guess I should be the one giving feedback, but they've been on the car since i've purchased it.. apparently they're supposed to help with traction and planting a lot... unfortunately, i still get a little bit of wheel hopping even WITH them, but i assume it's because of my crappy dry-rotted street tires. anyone know anything about them?

• Sponsors (?)

does your friend have any other suspension mods?

yes we are running a similar setup, like 85sscoupe said you should put reinforced upper control arms in, not a tough job, maybe a half hour. i am also running 50/50's, 90/10's, eibach drag launch, subframe connectors, and cc plates.

if you have the same traction bars as i do, you should be able to set the height of the bars between two holes. mine are set on the lower hole for traction.

12-2.jpg

10-7.jpg

11-5.jpg

I'm thinking about getting urathane bushing for my stock uppers and box welding them in. If you look at Steeda's website they have a set just like that and they're one of their best sellers. I'd like to have some double adjustable uppers but they're pretty expensive.

Looking at your pics, i think i got screwed when i got mine. I don't have those brackets that attach to the axle that the arms attach to...am i screwed? I wonder if i can buy those?