Late-model starter and 3G alternator questions.

88 Fox GT

Nov 18, 2002
Iowa
First off, I need to know what is takes to hook up my late-model starter. I don't think it would be any different, but I'm not sure. Please explain to me how I would go about hooking it up.

Next, I need to know if there is anything different about hooking up my late-model 3G alternator. Thanks for any info!

• Sponsors (?)

Speed_Demon1965 said:
First off, I need to know what is takes to hook up my late-model starter. I don't think it would be any different, but I'm not sure. Please explain to me how I would go about hooking it up.

Next, I need to know if there is anything different about hooking up my late-model 3G alternator. Thanks for any info!

No to the starter, yes to the alternator, but how exactly the alternator is different depends on which alternator you're using exactly. A '94 taurus alternator is a good choice. Generally any late 80s one wire camaro alternator will actually work wonders too.

Ok, I didn't figure the starter would be any different. Now the alternator is from a 103 (or maybe it's 130) amp alternator from a 94 Mustang GT. So it's one of the better ones. I have one wire that I need to hook into my EFI harness and one that I will need to hook to, I think, the solenoid. :shrug: