• Mustang Forums
  • 2005 - 2014 S-197 Mustang -General/Talk-
  • 2005 - 2009 Specific Tech

LCA & Line-Lock Writeups

  • Thread starter Thread starter MikeysOTP
  • Start date Start date Mar 19, 2008
M

MikeysOTP

New Member
Mar 29, 2007
203
1
0
Mar 19, 2008
#1
  • Mar 19, 2008
  • #1
I just wanted to give a big thanks to Bigcat and Darkfire for doing such a good job with the instructions and photos for this stuff. I love working on my car but don't have a ton of experience other than the basics and having you guys do the trial and error makes it possible me to tackle these projects. I am still amazed that I installed the line locks myself. It feels good to be able to tell people I did the work on my car when they ask about my mods too.

I still have to get busy with some zip ties and cleanup and then I will post a few pics.
 

DarkFireGT

Playing with my wife's really makes me want one.
10 Year Member
May 23, 2004
692
10
89
East Moline, IL
Mar 19, 2008
#2
  • Mar 19, 2008
  • #2
Right on man. No problem. I'm the same as you. I have very little mechanical experience, so most everything I do is trial and error. It's always nice to have a write-up to go by. Manufacturers instructions are usually mediocre, at best. If I'm going to be tackling something and there's not a write-up already in the Ultimate Sticky, I try to make one.
 

bigcat

start with the upper hole, and if more traction is
May 1, 2005
3,015
1
79
7200 feet
Mar 20, 2008
#3
  • Mar 20, 2008
  • #3
i am glad that our write ups are helpful to others. makes you feel that the extra effort to do the write up was worthwhile. sometimes the write up takes longer than the install with all the HTML for the pictures.

 

timeless2

Vi Veri Veni Versum Vicus Vici
Admin Dude
Nov 29, 1999
1,366
202
154
the Shadow Gallery
Mar 20, 2008
#4
  • Mar 20, 2008
  • #4
Awesome feedback. Thank you for posting up.
 
You must log in or register to reply here.

Similar threads

F
Ford 460 swap
  • Ford460
  • Sep 13, 2026
  • 1996 - 2004 SN95 Mustang -General/Talk-
Replies
6
Views
226
1996 - 2004 SN95 Mustang -General/Talk- Sep 14, 2026
Ford460
F
R
What's it Worth? 1997 Cobra, a ton of mods and restoration
  • riored97snake
  • Jun 18, 2026
  • What is it Worth?!?!?
Replies
2
Views
340
What is it Worth?!?!? Jun 21, 2026
riored97snake
R
What's your tow rig?
  • LILCBRA
  • May 31, 2026
  • Other Auto Tech
Replies
3
Views
241
Other Auto Tech May 31, 2026
LILCBRA
Forced Induction Bypass valve backwards?
  • Dontknowchit
  • Jun 25, 2025
  • Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech
Replies
3
Views
390
Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech Jun 29, 2025
JD1964
Place to Avoid: Jamison Auto Group in Gulfport, MS
  • D Durden
  • Oct 20, 2025
  • 1965 - 1973 Classic Mustangs -General/Talk-
  • 2 3
Replies
46
Views
3K
1965 - 1973 Classic Mustangs -General/Talk- Jul 16, 2026
Noobz347
Share:
Bluesky Email Share Link
  • Mustang Forums
  • 2005 - 2014 S-197 Mustang -General/Talk-
  • 2005 - 2009 Specific Tech
Menu
Log in

Register

  • Forums
  • What's new
  • Media
  • Resources
  • Contact
  • Sponsor
X

Privacy & Transparency

We use cookies and similar technologies for the following purposes:

  • Personalized ads and content
  • Content measurement and audience insights

Do you accept cookies and these technologies?

X

Privacy & Transparency

We use cookies and similar technologies for the following purposes:

  • Personalized ads and content
  • Content measurement and audience insights

Do you accept cookies and these technologies?