Exhaust Leak At O2 Bung

• Sponsors (?)

Not at all, these were plugs i took out prior. No idea on miles on them....im guessing quite alot....atleast 10-20k miles
CBB7049C-10A4-4DF5-9BC4-ED2F158238B1.jpeg
That explains that, what did the old plugs look like?
I can guess
Cruddy

Rent a compression tester and see what you get for numbers. Might be ebough oil leaking to make this inconclusive.

Perform the cylinder balance test part of the code reading process and see if it comes back with a cylinder on that side. Again...might not give you a result if the cylinder is able to fire ok.

But, honestly thats a lot of oil coming down. I wouldn't be surprised if a cylinder wasn't firing on that bank. These cars drive perfectly fine on 7 cylinders and you'd never know it

Reactions: 1 user
Alright ran compression....by cylinder in numerical order 140/140/144/150/142/140/142/however number 8 does not hold pressure. It will go up as the car is cranked (up to about 160 or so, then when we stop cranking, the gauge pressure drops slowly to zero). We did the test to #8 a few times, same result. Also checked snugness, it was good. Checked fittings, good. This was a dry test, we did not do the wet test.

What do yall think? Googled it and its pointing towards the valve guide. Thats what im hoping as its the easiest to fix from what im hearing.

Last edited: