leaky t5

justinJ

Sep 10, 2006
hello everyone new to stangnet here. hope its cool to post. I have a t5 dripping fluid out the rear..... i have changed the driveshaft seal. would it be the output shaft seal? has anyone replaced one and how difficult is it?:shrug:

• Sponsors (?)

yea im on the second new seal..I noticed there is a wear mark about 1 inch in length mid-ways on the yoke... It leaks pretty good under hard accelleration.... thx. guys

ask a mechanic about speedy sleeve, its a thin press/on sleeve you could slide over your output shaft to make that sealing surface round again, being slightly larger wont matter because it rides on the seal, i've done this on cranks with no problems, measure the diameter of the shaft exactly down to the thousandth(vernier calipers will work) and tell a shop or parts store what you need..they're about 30 bucks

~Mark~

Behind that seal there is a copper bushing that rides in the tail cone. Those go bad and will allow fluid to leak even past a new seal. If your yoke is scarred I bet that copper bushing is bad.