Leather seat question?

Donny

Something about a big schlong...I can't remember.
Founding Member
Feb 10, 2002
The PoorHouse
Hi all,

I have a set of charcoal leather seats from an 2003 I was going to put in my 95 GT but now I am considering just having the original seats recovered rather than mess with rewiring the 03 seats to fit and the color difference cause the 03's are much lighter looking.
If it were you what would you do and if I decide to not use the 2003 seats what do you think they would be worth?
It's a full set with a powered drivers seat and almost no ware on them at all.

• Sponsors (?)

I had a set of average wear 99-04 front and rear leather dark charcoal seats and struggled to sell them for $200 for the entire set. Eventually I sold only the rear seat and turned the front sets into office chairs (pictured below) just because they weren’t selling. I was at $100/pair with the power track for the fronts and no real interest. I had them listed on local FB groups for quite some time.

I actually like using them as these, so I’m glad nobody bought them.
9BBF9208-2533-4CBC-AE83-9D60896C06D5.jpeg

In addition, have a set of mint front 99-04 leather seats (as in no wear at all, practically new) that I would probably list for $500-800 for the pair and I bet that would even be a struggle to sell them at that price. I’ll hang onto those for now however

Last edited:
I had a set of average wear 99-04 front and rear leather dark charcoal seats and struggled to sell them for $200 for the entire set. Eventually I sold only the rear seat and turned the front sets into office chairs (pictured below) just because they weren’t selling. I was at $100/pair with the power track for the fronts and no real interest. I had them listed on local FB groups for quite some time.

I actually like using them as these, so I’m glad nobody bought them.
9BBF9208-2533-4CBC-AE83-9D60896C06D5.jpeg

In addition, have a set of mint front 99-04 leather seats (as in no wear at all, practically new) that I would probably list for $500-800 for the pair and I bet that would even be a struggle to sell them at that price. I’ll hang onto those for now however
I wonder why that is, Maybe they will come up in value in time I guess.
Nice chair btw!