LED Turn Signals

• Sponsors (?)

Anyone know where (besides ddmtuning) I can get LED turn signal bulbs? And if so, what is the bulb number that I will need? :shrug:

Thanks!

3157 is the bulb size for the tail-lights but, the amperage is way to high from that part of the wiring harness and will give you electrical problems.

The 2 inside bulbs of the tail-lights tend to run off of a lower amperage so LED's would work.

You can buy kits off of ebay to trick your car into thinking there is no blown tail-light bulb.

3157 is the bulb size for the tail-lights but, the amperage is way to high from that part of the wiring harness and will give you electrical problems.

The 2 inside bulbs of the tail-lights tend to run off of a lower amperage so LED's would work.

You can buy kits off of ebay to trick your car into thinking there is no blown tail-light bulb.

If I buy resistors that keep the car from thinking that the bulbs are out, will it still cause problems? Or is the fact that the blinkers will appear to be out the problem you were referring to?

Well crap I've got the sequentials..

ddmtuning has different relays that you can buy to replace the stock one instead of having to use resistors. Anyone know anything about these?

Unless the sequentials are plug and play, in my opinion it is not worth splicing into your tail light wires.

You might be able to rig something up to use LED's with the sequentials using a relay. Don't know if the relays will lower the amperage enough or lower the voltage enough to use the light emitting diodes, but your not gonna hurt anything if experiment.

Let me know how your gonna set those up, heck maybe do a write-up if you get the tail-lights together and going.:flag:

Yeah the replacement relay is supposed to run on a timed system or something like that. If I get it done I'll def do a write up but it might get put on the backburner for awhile. I've been buying stuff for my car all summer and bought an iPod in a moment of weakness today haha..

I'll keep you up to date though!

What? Ipod.. no ipod.. take it back and get something for the mustang... Lol. So how do you like the sequential tails? Were they hard to install or was it mainly just a splice and plug thing?

Haha yeah, yeah I know.. It's been so long since I've bought anything that WASN'T for my car though!

I LOVE my sequentials. They were a splice in kit that I bought off ebay about 2 1/2 years ago. I couldn't tell you who I bought them from now but it was a great kit! Spliced in in about 30 min for $50. The only thing that I've never just been totally pleased with is how fast the cycle is. That's the main reason I've been thinking about switching to LED. There is no warm up for the bulb, just on or off which should make the sequentials crisper. Here's a vid:

My Mustang Sequential Taillights - YouTube

Yeah, I was about to tell ya I found out there was a mod to slow them down. I'm hoping to get a sequential kit after I get a few other things out of my way. Either way, I can't offer any real advice on the subject.. just wanted to give ya a hard time.