left rear sagging, help!

Torinalth

Founding Member
Jul 16, 2002
Clayton NC
i stopped at a lil hole in the wall store to get a drink and some smokes while on the way to my next stop and noticed as i was comming out that the left rear was sloping down. i cant for the life of me figure out whats goiing on with it. i bounced it up and down a little and it didnt settle, just stays sagging on the left side. broken control arm? blown strut? worn out spring? i really dunno whats with this.

Torinalth

• Sponsors (?)

just got it back home to a completely flat surface and used a level... its not as visualy noticable as it was earlier today but i can still see it sagging a bit, and the level confirmed it. anything i can do before i take it to a shop?

Torinalth

Well it's not your rear struts because struts are in the front. And it's not your rear shocks cause they don't effect ride height.

It's most likely worn spring isolators or a sagging spring. Only other thing I can think of would be a broken lower control arm but I think you would have alot more issues if it was.

Do you have the original spring isolators in?

everything suspension is stock right now. springs, shocks/struts, control arms, isolators. if i start working on suspension i will prolly want to do it all at once... dont wana replace one piece for all that work. uhg. LCAs, springs and shocks then.

question though. since its not strut related (height) its a spring/isolator from what you said. does this effect anything? or can i let it go for a month or so till i get the cash to do the whole nine yards? will doing this damage anything? massivly effect performance? i havnt noticed much yet, just that the ass is a lil sloppy (bit more then ususal) and consider i really beat on my GT i am not too suprised (hence i am starting my performance overhaul with bit of power for worn items)

Torinalth

Torinalth said:
everything suspension is stock right now. springs, shocks/struts, control arms, isolators. if i start working on suspension i will prolly want to do it all at once... dont wana replace one piece for all that work. uhg. LCAs, springs and shocks then.

question though. since its not strut related (height) its a spring/isolator from what you said. does this effect anything? or can i let it go for a month or so till i get the cash to do the whole nine yards? will doing this damage anything? massivly effect performance? i havnt noticed much yet, just that the ass is a lil sloppy (bit more then ususal) and consider i really beat on my GT i am not too suprised (hence i am starting my performance overhaul with bit of power for worn items)

Torinalth

Just don't drive in "performance" mode. Don't try 130mph.

Where do you live? Just wondering as to the "rain rot" factor or "snow rot" factor....

live in central NC, rain is random, though heavy this past year, and got snow twice... though was garage bound both times :p

and about the linkage being loose/broken relating to this... ya know, i have zero idea. i thought not so i posted two different ones for what i believed to be SEPERATE issues... now i could be horribly wrong there.....

Torinalth