lentech street terminator

mcode

Dec 3, 2004
hi everyone -my fmx is on its last legs in my 70 mach 1 so i am thinking of getting a lentech aod street terminator --i would like to know if anyone has one in there car and what they thought of them

• Sponsors (?)

I JUST PURCHASED THE TREMEC AOD AND I WOULD JUST LIKE TO KNOW WHAT I CAN USE FROM MY CURRENT CAR --CURRENT 1970 MACH 1 WITH FMX .

1. I WAS TOLD THE FMX FLYWHEEL I CAN USE
2. CAN I USE THE FMX BLOCKPLATE?
3. MY STARTER IS A 91 5.0 STARTER
4. CAN I USE MY DRIVESHAFT -WITH JUST CHANGING TO AOD YOKE
5. WHAT OTHER PARTS DO I NEED--COMPLETE

tHANKS

I'm not sure if the fmx flexplate is the same (needs to be 164 tooth and you will need the correct aod block plate) or the yoke (a c-4 or t-5 yoke works), 91 5.0 starter is fine, you will need a aod conversion crossmember, a conversion linkage or modify the stock one, you will need a lokar TV cable, throttle bracket(or make one) a 12 point aod trans bolt kit, a c4 tranny rear mount, unless the fmx is the exact same length as the aod you will have to modify your driveshaft. an aod diptube/dipstick assy. Get a pigtail off an aod car at a pick your part for the nuetral saftey switch/rev lights and wire to your existing wires, you will need to make new trans cooler lines to fit the AOD (5/16 or 3/8 steel line from any auto parts) if you dont have one put a good trans cooler on it.

depending on the carb you can make or buy a TV corrector bracket as the tv cable should move at a 1-1 ratio as the throttle and make sure the tv cable is adjusted correctly as you can fry an aod real easy, its better to be on the tight side to start than too loose.

you will need a toggle or push switch for OD and some wire.

Ron Morris/PATC and a few others sell the crossmembers and linkages, lokar can be bought from summit/jegs etc... just search for best price. TV correctors for holley an edelbrocks are about 15 bucks and available all over, TV correctors for demons are a little harder to find. All other stock parts either junkyard or or search the best price online.

What stall TQ converter did you get? lock up or non lockup?

I think there is a few pics of when I did mine.....htwheelz's photos- powered by SmugMug

'Thanks for the reply the stall is 2200 with a 11 inch non lock up --reason i went with this stall is a have the wide ratio gear set installed from a 4r70 w so i will have the 2.84 firt gear not 2.40 as the stock aod . Len said this would be great for off the line acceleration and my 3.70 rear end--and a 2200 rpm with a 351 clevland is the right way to go. and still be very streetable --it is non lock up by the way

thanks alot again

my only question is what do i use for the floor mounted shifter attachment to transmission. And do i use the stock shift lever on the transmission or do i buy the ones listed at patc#89X. AOD bracket and shift lever kit. Cost $58.00. The small hole in this shift lever can be drilled out to 17/32 of an inch to accept the grommet for stock shift linkage. This lever has a 1-15/16 inch radius.

Early Mustang AOD Conversion Kit, 1965, 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973

you should be able to use the lentech shift lever as is if you told them you ha a floor shift, in my case I bought a windsor-fox (pos) linkage which I had to cut down thread an modify to make the detents on the c-4 shifter match, I'm sure the newer patc, ron morris stuff is much better, just get the ajustable linkage.......I need a new laptop keyboad.......the r and d dont wok well.

I can tell you you will love the trans, with the 2200 stall and you gears it will be great an on the fwy in OD it will be nice. I have a 10" conveter that stalls at 2400-2600 and with the 408 its more like 3000-3200 and I still have the stock 8" with 3.00 gears so at 65-75 I turn the same rpm, I have a 3.50 9" waiting to go in an the car will feel much lighter and faster. I have never read a negative review of a lentech trans.

help with install

does anyone have info on how best i can install my aod in my 1970 mustang mach 1 in my home garage.

How high do i need to jack up the car

any info or links will be appreciated.