Let’s talk about weather stripping

billison

I like tinted tail
15 Year Member
Feb 27, 2006
stl
Ok. After paint I’m gonna end up replacing all my weather stripping on my 88 t top. I was gonna start buying it a little here and there. Is there once place that makes better stuff than the others? Suggestions?

Thanks

• Sponsors (?)

Don't buy the cheaper stuff..... unless you want the doors to look like they don't line up. Mine close but the window frame seems to stick out too much.

I bought some brand new in the packaging for little to nothing on CL. They are the cheaper ones. I've tried everything to get them to compress correctly ( even used a heart gun). The better ones have holes in them like the factory ones. The holes allow the air to flow out of them when the doors close. Without the holes its like closing the door on a balloon. The material seems a little thinner and better on the more expensive ones, also.

I'll be upgrading mine as soon as I can.

I used the LRS seals for the doors and hatch, and didn't have any issues but I don't have t tops. Their run channel moldings fought me until I figured out the trick. A year later everything is nicely "worn" into each other. No complaints.

Pretty good series here on t top seal replsvement

Reactions: 1 user