Lets See side exhaust Pics

Johnny K

New Member
Jan 25, 2003
16
0
0
I am looking for a side exhaust kit for my 95. I would like something that is almost as quiet as stock ( I just don’t want that loud flowmaster noise). I looked at the roush kits as well as steedas but I like the idea of the side skirts but I haven’t seen any with just the pipes out the side. All you basani guys I want some good pics too. I think CDC offers a kit as well. Please provide some pictures and some comments on quality and noise.

Thanks,
John
 
my side exhaust

here is a pic of mine :spot:
 

Attachments

  • HPIM0205a.webp
    HPIM0205a.webp
    6.5 KB · Views: 255
Another Pic

This hopefully will help, I am in the process of designing a subframe connector to be used with side exhaust and give excellent strength, but otherwise there aren't any subs that work, that I know of. :notnice:
 

Attachments

  • sept08 009.webp
    sept08 009.webp
    18.9 KB · Views: 152
Also to go along with the above post, im worried about the exhaust smell. I made a drive home with my trunk open half way(dont ask why) and my girlfriend and i smelled like that good ol' exhaust smell that only a off-road pipe can give.

So will side exhaust give the same result? Anyone have this situation?

Thanks
 
do you think it would be possible to make my own side exhaust with a small muffler from dynomax and some of them 90* pipes and stuff from summit? i could make it go around the subframe(towards the back) and i think it would work.then just buy the side skirts?. or should i forget the side exhaust and be like ever other lil mustang?
 
The only time Ive had a bad smell was when I first installed mine and the coating that the exhaust has burned off. Other than that, nothing. But I never had any bad smell to begin with. :shrug:

As far as the sound, the exhaust is pretty quiet. It doesnt sound any louder than a conventional catback at WOT.