• Mustang Forums
  • 2005 - 2014 S-197 Mustang -General/Talk-
  • 2005 - 2009 Specific Tech

Lifter Noise

  • Thread starter Thread starter u_s_marines
  • Start date Start date Sep 7, 2008
U

u_s_marines

New Member
Jan 26, 2006
2
0
0
Sep 7, 2008
#1
  • Sep 7, 2008
  • #1
Ok, guys I finally went back to a Mustang, I bought a 2005 Ford Mustang GT, it has a Paxton Novi 2200 supercharged, catback, and is lowered. Heres the problem I drove it back from California with no ticking, drove 1750 miles to Kansas City, and I can hear what seems like multiple lifters ticking. I need help, I am taking it to a mech tomorrow. A lean code did pop up before I left the dealership they checked it out, it seemed like it was completely off, but as soon as you took off it was perfect only during idling it was messing up. Any advice?
 
C

CPman

New Member
Apr 2, 2005
129
0
0
Sep 8, 2008
#2
  • Sep 8, 2008
  • #2
It could be the cam phasers. If it is, the noise should go away when rpm is raised above idle by a couple of hundred rpm. Or perhaps it is injecter noise. With a stonger fuel for the s/c it might cause the injectors to be more noisy? Not sure if this is what could be, but it's a good place to start.
 

anthony05gt

Active Member
Mar 18, 2006
1,262
1
37
Maryland
Sep 8, 2008
#3
  • Sep 8, 2008
  • #3
The injectors cycling make quite a ticking sound.
 
U

u_s_marines

New Member
Jan 26, 2006
2
0
0
Sep 9, 2008
#4
  • Sep 9, 2008
  • #4
I thought about all those, but it wasn't their before when I drove it, it started afterwards and I have been driving it pretty hard, my mech said the one of my lifters need to be replaced.
 
You must log in or register to reply here.

Similar threads

G
2006 Mustang GT o2 Sensor Wiring Issue Car Bogging/Choking
  • GCantero93
  • Sep 5, 2025
  • 2005 - 2009 Specific Tech
Replies
4
Views
1K
2005 - 2009 Specific Tech Sep 6, 2025
Noobz347
A
2001 Mustang GT, scorched metal smell and noise from trans/diff?
  • AndyE2255
  • Dec 1, 2025
  • SN95 4.6L Mustang Tech
Replies
4
Views
524
SN95 4.6L Mustang Tech Dec 28, 2025
gkomo
Z
Progress Thread zeth194 - New Guy on the Block
  • zeth194
  • Mar 19, 2026
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-
Replies
10
Views
685
1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk- Apr 26, 2026
LILCBRA
M
2001 v6 heater return pipe leak question
  • mnky99
  • Nov 11, 2025
  • SN95 V6 Mustang Tech
Replies
1
Views
319
SN95 V6 Mustang Tech Nov 11, 2025
mnky99
M
B
Limp Mode?
  • Brysen
  • Dec 18, 2024
  • 2005 - 2014 S-197 Mustang -General/Talk-
Replies
2
Views
389
2005 - 2014 S-197 Mustang -General/Talk- Dec 20, 2024
horse sence
Share:
Bluesky Email Share Link
  • Mustang Forums
  • 2005 - 2014 S-197 Mustang -General/Talk-
  • 2005 - 2009 Specific Tech
Menu
Log in

Register

  • Forums
  • What's new
  • Media
  • Resources
  • Contact
  • Sponsor
X

Privacy & Transparency

We use cookies and similar technologies for the following purposes:

  • Personalized ads and content
  • Content measurement and audience insights

Do you accept cookies and these technologies?

X

Privacy & Transparency

We use cookies and similar technologies for the following purposes:

  • Personalized ads and content
  • Content measurement and audience insights

Do you accept cookies and these technologies?