Lincoln Mark 7 time capsule

• Sponsors (?)

Gotta love those Mark VII LSC

Attachments

• Black LSC.jpg
    Black LSC.jpg
    186.6 KB · Views: 340
Reactions: 1 user
My friends dad or grandpa, (cant remember anymore), had one of those when I was growing up. It was silver. I see one around here every once in a while.

I don't disagree with that. I can fondly remember driving around and having the air shocks empty on the highway. I'd shift to nuetral and cycle the key to activate the pump and air them back up

Fun times

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users
I had a plug wire / plug wires go bad on me once causing a misfire.

New Lincoln Mark VIII plug wires - $250
New Mustang Cobra plug wires - $175
(Same engine.... Same thing...)

And yea.. My shocks / pump went kuput about 2 weeks after i bought mine. Luckily I was young and dumb, with little responsibility, and the $1000 in parts was doable.

It was a really nice car when everything was working though!

Anecdote: the nice ones I've seen on CL from time to time seem to usually have asking prices around $5-8k. About the same as Thunderbird Turbocoupes in pristine condition.

Reactions: 1 user
My buddy bought a black one(company car) and had all the chrome etc blackened, pretty cool looking. I couldn't believe I could burn rubber easily in a Lincoln until I saw the 5.0 HO engine under the hood. He did have some problems with the air suspesion but that was all. . I wanted to put all the Mustang 5.0 goodies on it to make a real sleeper but being a company car.....We were turning a 1971 Mach one into a Boss 351 at the time too.

I had a 1977 Bill Blass model. Cool looking car with the dark blue and tan colours. Had the 460, which in the Lincoln was reasonably fuel efficient compared to a 460 in a pick up.
That was one large car. These days, I don't know if you'd find parking spaces large enough to accommodate that beast.
I only kept it for a year. Traded it in on a 1979 Bronco.