Lincoln Mark 7 time capsule

I LOVE those cars . My uncles and grandfather had a bunch growing up . A few years ago my buddy here had one . 95 cobra wheels , mass air , HCI , s trim and a 5 speed in it . Fun car

• Sponsors (?)

I had a plug wire / plug wires go bad on me once causing a misfire.

New Lincoln Mark VIII plug wires - $250
New Mustang Cobra plug wires - $175
(Same engine.... Same thing...)

And yea.. My shocks / pump went kuput about 2 weeks after i bought mine. Luckily I was young and dumb, with little responsibility, and the $1000 in parts was doable.

It was a really nice car when everything was working though!
Actually they are ran a bit different which is why the price difference. You can use Cobra wires (and i have on at least 20 of them) but they dont tuck away as clean. At least they did away with that in 97 and did COPs.

Reactions: 1 user
I think @LaserSVT had a few of these.

...or maybe it was the the Mark VIII he was fond of. :chin
He liked the 8s . He deff had some cool ones

Yeah, it was Mark VIIIs. Had around 20 of them, all but 3 were second gens like in the ad. After nearly 10 years a couple pop up in new hands and everyone instantly tags me saying "I think that was Bill Lindseys car". One of them somehow turned into an icononic car and people have tried to duplicate it but it had a few special things that you couldnt duplicate such as the original (only set in existence) Saleen wheels. Companies make knock offs but after a couple years they pit. Mine are nearly 20 years old and still flawless. Also the supercharger was of a design nobody can find. KB 2.2L with a divertor valve. You can find a 1.9 or 2.1 with it and you can find a 2.2 without it but mine was the only one made with both. I also custom did the factory air ride so the car could almost lay frame.

IMG_20100928_151529.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users
Oh yeah! That car (in the ad) has been for sale for nearly 10 years. It used to be $28000. I had offered them 20k several times but was always declined. The fact that the car has the full gold and silver set makes it worth a lot alone. The miles are nice but the car will still need strut rod bushings, control arms, sway links and air ride bags all the way around. Those parts age out and just desegregate. Now that its impossible to get OEM suspension and the Arnott stuff really sucks the cars are no longer desirable to me. Couple that with the $1000 headlights and unobtanium bulbs and the fact that with intake, tune, built trans, full exhaust, gears, LSD, under-drives and Cobra plenum.....my pickup will stomp on one.

Yeah, it was Mark VIIIs. Had around 20 of them, all but 3 were second gens like in the ad. After nearly 10 years a couple pop up in new hands and everyone instantly tags me saying "I think that was Bill Lindseys car". One of them somehow turned into an icononic car and people have tried to duplicate it but it had a few special things that you couldnt duplicate such as the original (only set in existence) Saleen wheels. Companies make knock offs but after a couple years they pit. Mine are nearly 20 years old and still flawless. Also the supercharger was of a design nobody can find. KB 2.2L with a divertor valve. You can find a 1.9 or 2.1 with it and you can find a 2.2 without it but mine was the only one made with both. I also custom did the factory air ride so the car could almost lay frame.

IMG_20100928_151529.jpg
I remember the pics of this car. AMAZING. Glad to see youre still on here. Youre one of the few i remember on here from when i used to spend hours reading at 16 before i had a mustang.

Reactions: 1 user