Brakes Line Lock On 95 Cobra Bosch Abs

• Sponsors (?)

Photobucket doesn't seem to like Mozilla anymore, and I am too lazy to get out my Windows computer, so I am just going to link my build thread.

http://www.stangnet.com/mustang-forums/threads/updated-pics-of-the-build.826246/

If you look down a few pictures you can see where I put mine inside the wheel wells. It sounds expensive buying 2 line locks, but I just used the generic Summit ones which are cheap and it works well. It keeps pressure in the calipers better, and doesn't interfere with the ABS. I mounted them way forward in the fenders so that they don't interfere with the tires. I relocated the brake lines around the front of the inside fender to make them straighter. I then made 2 lines to go back to the brake line mounts.

Kurt

It is pretty straightforward. Unfortunately I don't have many pictures. You will need a relay to run the linelocks. I just cut and flared the stock lines going into the linelocks, and made 2 new lines to go back to the brake hoses. I just got out of bed so maybe I'll think of something after I get up.

Kurt

I used a simple flaring tool to do it all, nothing fancy. I mounted the linelocks with self tapping screws directly to the frame rail. I had them farther back at one point, but if it's inside the wheel well, it's inevitably going to rub on the tires, and it doesn't seem to matter how much testing or checking you do. I put them well forward of the wheels. Most of the brake lines you can bend with your hands. I mounted them way forward of the tires. Then take the lines that come out of the ABS and run them around the front of the inner fenders up near the core support to go right into the front of the line locks.

Kurt