• Mustang Forums
  • 2015 - 2023 (S550) Mustang -General/Talk

Line Lock

  • Thread starter Thread starter Gray Ghost Stang
  • Start date Start date Feb 28, 2018

Gray Ghost Stang

New Member
Dec 13, 2017
6
0
1
Feb 28, 2018
#1
  • Feb 28, 2018
  • #1
So today I figured out and performed my first burnout using this feature. Cool technology for sure. However smoke came in the car and I think it was because I had the heat on? Anyway, I probs won't do too many as these tires aren't cheap! I feel it beats the car a little. What do you all think? Just curious
 

I Bleed Ford Blue

5 Year Member
Feb 13, 2017
416
122
73
North Olmsted OH
Mar 1, 2018
#2
  • Mar 1, 2018
  • #2
I tried it once when I first got my car, but I did it with the top down. That was a mistake. But yeah, it's hard on the car and wears out your tires prematurely.
 

Zero_chance

Founding Member
May 29, 2001
1,244
7
59
Maricopa, AZ
Mar 2, 2018
#3
  • Mar 2, 2018
  • #3
Gray Ghost Stang said:
So today I figured out and performed my first burnout using this feature. Cool technology for sure. However smoke came in the car and I think it was because I had the heat on? Anyway, I probs won't do too many as these tires aren't cheap! I feel it beats the car a little. What do you all think? Just curious
Click to expand...
I probably wouldn’t do it all of the time due to wear and rubber on the bumper but if Ford put it in there as a factory option and warranties the power train for 5/60, one would think they’re pretty confident in allowing it to be used when needed.
 

Gray Ghost Stang

New Member
Dec 13, 2017
6
0
1
Mar 4, 2018
#4
  • Mar 4, 2018
  • #4
Zero_chance said:
I probably wouldn’t do it all of the time due to wear and rubber on the bumper but if Ford put it in there as a factory option and warranties the power train for 5/60, one would think they’re pretty confident in allowing it to be used when needed.
Click to expand...


I agree. It was so fun. I have to do it in front of a bunch people that may include tree hugging Prius drivers!
 
B

Boone

Active Member
Jan 7, 2018
88
12
28
Central Florida
Mar 9, 2018
#5
  • Mar 9, 2018
  • #5
I find it more of a novelty than a useful feature. At the track it takes to long to engage, it's easier to just roll thru the water box and spin dry on your way to the staging area. Otherwise you will have people waiting on you.
 
You must log in or register to reply here.

Similar threads

Surging/stalling! problem or tune?
  • djj62478
  • Sunday at 1:53 PM
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-
Replies
5
Views
117
1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk- Monday at 11:37 PM
Noobz347
2000 GT-Front Brakes Not Releasing
  • stormsedge
  • Aug 7, 2026
  • 1996 - 2004 SN95 Mustang -General/Talk-
Replies
5
Views
179
1996 - 2004 SN95 Mustang -General/Talk- Aug 7, 2026
Bronco2fan
B
N
Fox Street Suspension Build Advice
  • NYFox
  • Jan 25, 2026
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-
Replies
3
Views
377
1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk- Jan 28, 2026
Noobz347
B
Where to go from here on my build…
  • B0udreaux
  • Jul 14, 2026
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-
Replies
8
Views
356
1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk- Jul 18, 2026
AeroCoupe
T
New here, just saying hi.
  • Tank Mechanic
  • Nov 1, 2025
  • The Welcome Wagon
Replies
2
Views
191
The Welcome Wagon Nov 2, 2025
nickyb
Share:
Bluesky Email Share Link
  • Mustang Forums
  • 2015 - 2023 (S550) Mustang -General/Talk
Menu
Log in

Register

  • Forums
  • What's new
  • Media
  • Resources
  • Contact
  • Sponsor
X

Privacy & Transparency

We use cookies and similar technologies for the following purposes:

  • Personalized ads and content
  • Content measurement and audience insights

Do you accept cookies and these technologies?

X

Privacy & Transparency

We use cookies and similar technologies for the following purposes:

  • Personalized ads and content
  • Content measurement and audience insights

Do you accept cookies and these technologies?