Little mystery for me mayeb someone can help

Little mystery for me maybe someone can help

I'm doing the front and rear brakes on my 86 GT mustang, and I'm having a little delima. I can't seem to get front brakes hoses that are correct. EVERY auto parts store in the area (Murray's, Auto Zone, Glendale, Knight's) lists an incorect part # for front brake lines for my car. Now when each store shows me the same part, and mine is 100% different I think It may be me. One place ordered two 4 cylinder bake lines that every other palce did not stock so we're going to compare mine with those and see. As far as I know my car is an original 86 GT car w/302. The hose they show me is short, and has a male and female end, the male end that is rather large for a brake line and it looks like it screws into something else in the brake system, where my lines off my car are one piece from the brake line off the body to the caliper and have a block where they bolt to the caliper, where as the lines I'm showed does not have the block. I would take a picture of it, but my pics are to large for here. Does anyone follow what I'm saying? Thanks for the help.

• Sponsors (?)

HemiChallenger said:
I'm doing the front and rear brakes on my 86 GT mustang, and I'm having a little delima. I can't seem to get front brakes hoses that are correct. EVERY auto parts store in the area (Murray's, Auto Zone, Glendale, Knight's) lists an incorect part # for front brake lines for my car. Now when each store shows me the same part, and mine is 100% different I think It may be me. One place ordered two 4 cylinder bake lines that every other palce did not stock so we're going to compare mine with those and see. As far as I know my car is an original 86 GT car w/302. The hose they show me is short, and has a male and female end, the male end that is rather large for a brake line and it looks like it screws into something else in the brake system, where my lines off my car are one piece from the brake line off the body to the caliper and have a block where they bolt to the caliper, where as the lines I'm showed does not have the block. I would take a picture of it, but my pics are to large for here. Does anyone follow what I'm saying? Thanks for the help.

For an 86 Gt you should not have this problem, but there are several brake caliper and hose sizes for early Mustangs. My 79 Capri, with a stock 5.0 has larger rotors and different calipers, hoses, etc than a 79 4 cyl. My 82 straight six car has exactly the same front brakes as the 79. My 80 Capri 255 V8 parts car had exactly the same brakes as my 79 4 cyl parts car, tiny little rotors and calipers. Note that I did not have an 82 GT.

And my 79 Capri 5.0/82 six car brakes are different than the later GT's. Check out the parts for each of the variations in this group and you should find the right setup sooner or later.