Lmr Rear Disc 4-lug For Fox

• Sponsors (?)

It's out of stock and the reviews aren't exactly stellar.

I'd probably just buy north race car brackets and piece it together myself.
It's really just 93 cobra or turbo coupe brakes.

My '86 GT has the turbo coupe brakes installed...they seem to work fine. I didn't install them originally so I can't comment on the installation. Changing pads and rotors was easy enough once I figured out what to order from the auto parts store

Its 1993 Cobra/turbo coupe stuff...just aftermarket sourcing and north race car brackets to use stock axle.

It will work as welll as any 1993 Cobra setup should.

The kitvis really missing the booster so I recommend installing a 1993 Cobra booster

Reactions: 1 user
I have it already and was about to install so was just wondering if anyone else had done it.

I installed this kit in my 91 coupe back in March. I wanted to do everything at once so I also installed all new hard brake lines, 93 Cobra booster, stainless steel soft lines, and Hawk HPS ceramic pads. The car stops like a dream now. I didn't expect it to make such a dramatic difference but it was a huge improvement.

Let me know if you have any specific questions about it, but one thing I remember about the rears were that the dust shields would not mount properly without rubbing against the rotors. I just left them off rather than try to make it work.

The hard brake lines also required more checking for leaks and tightening than I expected so make sure you check and double check them for leaks before considering it done. I have some pics, just let me know and I'd be glad to share.

Thanks for the replies guys.

So one of my dust shields rubs and the other one doesn't.

I didn't do the install, my shop did it, but they didn't install the proportioning valve... said it wasn't necessary.

But now I have a very soft pedal... almost like the brakes need to be bled.

Did you have any issue with that wiseguyk?

Haha, I love LMR but some of the stuff I've gotten from them definitely needs a little "massaging" to make work. I remember the caliper brackets needing an edge ground down to sit flush with all 4 bolts in too, which wasn't too bad but I just expected it to fit, being a "direct bolt on kit" and all ;)

I didn't have an issue with a soft pedal but I put in a Cobra booster when I did mine. Soft pedal might be due to keeping the factory brake booster. I'd read that others had that problem when adding rear discs and that a bigger booster was necessary for proper pedal feel.

Maybe the other guys can shed some more knowledge on this, but I'm pretty sure the adjustable proportioning vale is needed when converting since the discs need a different amount of pressure than the factory drums. I'm not sure though if that would cause a soft pedal, more than it might just make it stop less efficiently...

Its 1993 Cobra/turbo coupe stuff...just aftermarket sourcing and north race car brackets to use stock axle.

It will work as welll as any 1993 Cobra setup should.

The kitvis really missing the booster so I recommend installing a 1993 Cobra booster

Wait... I think he's (the OP) talking about just the 4-lug rear disk conversion. Is that what you're talking about?

But now I have a very soft pedal... almost like the brakes need to be bled.

Soft pedal is usually improper MC or air in the system.

Undersized booster will be too hard of a pedal.

Are the calipers on the correct side? Was the MC bench bled?

And yes you should run the adjustable prop valve

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
I don't know if the MC was bench bled. It's the 93 cobra MC that comes with the kit so it "should" be right right?

I checked the calipers and the hoses are on top on both sides so looks like they're on the correct sides.

Then if anything, your pedal should be pretty firm with the stock OE booster. I would recommend a bench bleed of the MC to ensure that all the fluid has been removed. Having a shop do the install makes this tricky because 1.) you don't know that it was done, and 2.) you would assume the shop knew to do it, therefore you assume it's done.

Hey guys,

So I had them gut the stock proportioning valve and add the adjustable. Then they did a bench bleed of the MC and the brakes work perfectly now :)

Well worth the money IMO.

The only issue I'm having now is once the car/brakes get warm I'm getting a moan when I take off from a stop.

Not sure what that could be, but if anyone's run into that I'm all ears.

Thanks for all your help!

It didn't come with those :/ I found an article mentioning them but I guess they need to be cut and welded?

http://www.mustangandfords.com/how-to/wheels-tires/24698-rear-disc-brakes-anti-moan-brackets/

He started with the Cobra rear anti-moan. No idea why as the GT/v6 anti moan will work with 10.5" disk setup.

But basically you want to find some 94-04 GT or v6 anti moan braces. Direct bolt on. You do not want the Cobra ones (or bullitt or Mach 1)

https://www.ebay.com/itm/322676366632