• Mustang Forums
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-

long tube headers

  • Thread starter Thread starter stangnick95
  • Start date Start date Mar 4, 2008
S

stangnick95

New Member
Dec 10, 2007
1
0
0
Mar 4, 2008
#1
  • Mar 4, 2008
  • #1
I was looking around the other day for some long tube headers, but the only long tubes I could find that work on a 1994 (some BBKs) only work on a car with a manual trans. This is a problem because I have an auto. Does anyone of any long tubes that would work with an auto, or if you can modify the headers to work?
 
9

95mustang_gt

New Member
Mar 30, 2005
364
1
0
Wisconsin
Mar 4, 2008
#2
  • Mar 4, 2008
  • #2
i bought mac longtubes for auto a while back.I got them from latemodelrestoration.com
 
S

stangnick95

New Member
Dec 10, 2007
1
0
0
Mar 4, 2008
#3
  • Mar 4, 2008
  • #3
Are you using the mac mid pipe with it?
 
9

95mustang_gt

New Member
Mar 30, 2005
364
1
0
Wisconsin
Mar 4, 2008
#4
  • Mar 4, 2008
  • #4
stangnick95 said:
Are you using the mac mid pipe with it?
Click to expand...

yes i was using the mac h pipe
 

Bosko5.0

Active Member
May 18, 2006
1,067
0
37
longwood, FL
Mar 4, 2008
#5
  • Mar 4, 2008
  • #5
BBK's Work on an auto. Thats what I got(snug fit) but it works., All I had to do was move the O2's to the h pipe
 

Dino Dino Bambino

15 Year Member
Jun 13, 2007
1,672
89
79
Cyprus
Mar 5, 2008
#6
  • Mar 5, 2008
  • #6
95mustang_gt said:
i bought mac longtubes for auto a while back.I got them from latemodelrestoration.com
Click to expand...

I also bought my MAC long tubes from the same place. They look great and fitted with reasonable ease. On the passenger side, clearance was tight from the starter so I insulated the starter with a DEI heatshield. On the driver's side, the only minor issue was a tight clearance from the tranny. Overall I'm very happy.
 
You must log in or register to reply here.

Similar threads

Engine Keeping O2 sensors lit with long tube headers
  • keel
  • Jul 30, 2026
  • Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech
Replies
4
Views
206
Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech Aug 21, 2026
Qtrhrse23
Fox Mid Pipe
  • 93gtmustang
  • Oct 20, 2025
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-
Replies
5
Views
331
1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk- Oct 21, 2025
Mustang5L5
A
Old Holley head identification???
  • Ar15cobra
  • Jan 27, 2026
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-
Replies
2
Views
212
1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk- Jan 27, 2026
AeroCoupe
Y
Speed density 302 to carb 351W
  • yaboity
  • May 29, 2026
  • Fox Engine Swaparoo
Replies
1
Views
175
Fox Engine Swaparoo May 29, 2026
AeroCoupe
9
1994 Mustang GT 5.0 L Convertible
  • 94ns95
  • Jun 17, 2026
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-
Replies
10
Views
301
1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk- Jun 19, 2026
94ns95
9
Share:
Bluesky Email Share Link
  • Mustang Forums
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-
Menu
Log in

Register

  • Forums
  • What's new
  • Media
  • Resources
  • Contact
  • Sponsor
X

Privacy & Transparency

We use cookies and similar technologies for the following purposes:

  • Personalized ads and content
  • Content measurement and audience insights

Do you accept cookies and these technologies?

X

Privacy & Transparency

We use cookies and similar technologies for the following purposes:

  • Personalized ads and content
  • Content measurement and audience insights

Do you accept cookies and these technologies?