long tube install with tubular k member

stang9gt

Founding Member
Dec 21, 2001
State College, Pa
Anyone install mac long tubes on their 4.6 after already having a tubular k member?? How was it getting the pass. side bolts into the header?? much easier then with the stock k member??? I have the motor out of my car and I am debating a QA1 member...

• Sponsors (?)

Don't get the QA1 they have problems getting the main resting plates to align with the frame rails. Plus it's made in China. I have the PA Racing K-member and It's a VERY nice peice. Total cost with Spring Purchace and Motor Mounts was about $350 including shipping. I purchased mine at Modular Depot. Tell them Joe Harris refered you and maybe you can get a better discount??

There's nothing wrong with budgeting, but....

stang9gt said:
I was looking at the PA racing but money is a big issue right now...350$ is a little more than 249$....

The K-member is really something you want to be of good quality. Don't settle for something weaker because of price, when its as important as the K-member. Thats my .02

Sorry to get off track though...back to passenger side header bolts with stock k-member...

K members are a must. It is so much easier to do things on the underside. If cost is an issue try AJE K-members. Not sure if it cost more or less but at least its an option to look into.

you will be sorry if you don't invest in it a little more! PA or AJE are the only way to go don't know much about D&D but I have heard a few good things there also...trust us don't buy a cheap one you will have alot of issues that will cost you MORE money.

joestang98 said:
you will be sorry if you don't invest in it a little more! PA or AJE are the only way to go don't know much about D&D but I have heard a few good things there also...trust us don't buy a cheap one you will have alot of issues that will cost you MORE money.

I never heard any complaints about the QA1/HAL...

Again, do not get the QA1. There has been more than one person on Modular Depot get one only to find their car nearly sitting on the ground in the front. IIRC, they also had to get coil-overs to bring the nose back up to an acceptable level.

And trust me, you don't want the car sitting low with the long tubes. Thats the reason I'm going to shorties this winter along with the PA K-member. My car is low enough that it scrapes the collectors over railroad tracks, etc.

K-member is def. something you do not want to skimp on. I'd say go with Maximum Motorsports, but it depends on the goals of you car. I have the AJE right now and have only had a few issues with it. If I had to do it all over again, I would have either gotten the MM or Griggs set-up.