Long tubes on Foxbody with T56

• Sponsors (?)

That’s a good question bc I like the idea of a 6 speed, especially after driving 30 miles each way on the highway to a car show. I have 3.73 and 5 gear at 70-75 I was wishing to drop into 6th lol. My longtubes bbk ceramic I got for a steal from a guy who bought them new, swapped To a t56 and couldn’t clear the housing. I snatched them for 200 bucks and he bought some new ones but he said they we for an automatic which gave him enough clearance. Idk what else he was running etc I was just happy to get the headers for such a deal lol.

Reactions: 1 user
I'm running BBK long tubes on my 408w with a tremec magnum behind it. not sure how different they are. had to trim the shift fork and the clamp on the ned of the cable so i didn't hit the headers but everything else fit fine. Team Z k-member

That’s a good question bc I like the idea of a 6 speed, especially after driving 30 miles each way on the highway to a car show. I have 3.73 and 5 gear at 70-75 I was wishing to drop into 6th.
A T56 swap doesn’t necessarily get you a higher top gear. I think it adds an overdrive gear between your current top gear ratio and your current fourth gear 1:1 ratio... more or less.