longtube headers

Mac-man

New Member
Nov 7, 2003
300
0
0
south texas
i just helped a friend install a set of the hooker super comp full length headers on his 01 gt with the matching x-pipe. they were extremely difficult to get on and did not line up properly for anything. my question is are they all like this.i am wanting to put a set on my 96 gt. i am looking at the mac f/l because i already have the h-pipe for them. but if they are going to be as difficult i am just not even going to mess with them. anyone know if they are easier to install? or what brand i should go with if any??
 
I had the same problems installing the Hookers. I think the whole design was really bad for our cars. I will never deal with slip fit exhausts ever again. I switched to the MAC's. Much better design and much easier install. They lined up much better and it was easier to get to all of the header bolts. The only thing the hookers had going for them was the jet hot coating but you can get that done on any headers you want. Just speaking from personal experience.