Longtubes on a lowered 99-04

jrc_03_gt

Jan 1, 2004
I thinking about getting mac ceramic longtubes on my 03 gt. I have lowered my car about 1.5 inches and my mach 1 chin spoiler almost hits when I drive over the curb to get into my driveway. Will loungtubes hang down lower than the k member??? Anyone have pictures with longtubes and the prokit springs on their car???? :shrug:

• Sponsors (?)

my BBK fits fine with out any probrem. Shaft for the steering cleared, and K cleared. I haven't yet to scrape BBK with 2" lowering, and frankly, I don't think it doesn't hang any lower then any other set up i had.

Hmm, my LTs are the first thing to hit :D. I believe they are the lowpoint in the exhaust. I think because we had to weld up my DR Gas X, that allowed us to really tuck everything up nice and tight.

I know if I got to fast over a speed bump if anything hits, its either the flage on the LTs or the collector itself :(.

Pic of my fendor gap...
CodysParts008.jpg

Attachments

• CodysParts008.jpg
    CodysParts008.jpg
    34.8 KB · Views: 157
hotmustang331 said:
Hmm, my LTs are the first thing to hit :D. I believe they are the lowpoint in the exhaust. I think because we had to weld up my DR Gas X, that allowed us to really tuck everything up nice and tight.

I know if I got to fast over a speed bump if anything hits, its either the flage on the LTs or the collector itself :(.

Pic of my fendor gap...
CodysParts008.jpg
Which longtubes do you have?

Attachments

• CodysParts008.jpg
    CodysParts008.jpg
    34.8 KB · Views: 177
I've got the BBK LT's with the steeda sport springs lowered about 1.25" and I have scraped them on a few speed bumps. the one at work, i've gotta go decently slow in 1st...it's stupid it's there anyway. :mad: i've only scraped maybe 3 times though.
my bf scraped his mufflers on our driveway if he's not very careful...

hotmustang331 said:
^BBK Ceremics. They are good quality LTs IMO. Probably not as good as SLP or Kooks, but they do the job and look nice :D. They are tucked up nicely too...any closer to the floor pan, and it would probably burn something lol.
Good to hear because those are the LT's i'll be getting this summer. Any signs of rust or the coating wearing off?

Yea but ONLY rust...and its just SUPER LIGHT surface rust right at the collector (cant see it from the engine bay...look BRAND new from there). But oddly enough, the rust wipes right off when you use some pressure :shrug: . I think its like the rust is just growing on itself, and not actually doing anything to the LTs.