Look at whats setting back in my driveway *pics*

hotmustang331

Apr 29, 2004
Bastrop,TX
See if you can guess...all the peeps that have been around a while know exactly what car this is ;)

101_0740.jpg

101_0741.jpg

101_0739.jpg

101_0742.jpg

so any guesses? ;)

OH YES....ITS BACK!!!!! WOOO HOOOO!!!!!!!!!

• Sponsors (?)

YO dude did you notice mine is running. i drove it around to show my stang club last night. it isnt totally done but close enough to drive.

running a 6psi safe tune. real fat and pulled timing. ran it a few times. but not too hard. enought o spool the turbo and blow off. i have run it with the imrc's poen and closed just to see. it runs 130mph in the same distance the 3v ran 110 with the imrcs closed. open ... well i wasnt looking. its totally insane. it should be a bit less than 500hp crank the way it is. shouls be. the dyno will tell though.
thanks for the turbo help. it made all the diffrence.

check out my 4v running thread. MY INTERCOOLER IS HIDDEN !!!!!!!!

:drool: @ all three cars in the pic. So the Gt is yours? I thought you got rid of it for the termi :scratch:

Yes sir... I did sell it to my buddy but we never switched the name on the title over...so its been in my name the whole time. I payed him back for it last week (the cobra is payed off now) and he handed me the keys and I drove it home haha. :banana:
He did a good amount of body work and had the front end pulled back straight by a friend of his that owns a chassis shop.
He knew I would probably want the car back and he has PLENTY of toys (C6 Z06, bunch of foxes, 94Z28 with built motor, and he is building a factory 5 kit car). So he didnt have a problem selling it back to me....of course I gave extra to cover all his costs and what he did to it.

Im just sooooo glad to have it back! Another buddy of mine is coming over a bit later today and bringing his snapon compression tester and leakdown tester....then have to go to another buddy's house the next day and hes going to check my factory coils and see if they are in spec. (cobra and GT) 7 of his in his mach (55K miles) were bad...replaced and his hesitation issues went away. Some of you guys remember the issues I had with my GT missing....and I think that is whats wrong. I will keep you guys updated on all this. Thanks for the commenst everyone....I know you guys are glad to see it back in action as well!

One bit of bad news though....passenger side axle is bent :( Apparently hitting the wall that hard with the tire bent it. Its only out about an 1/8 inch...but its enough to cause some vibration @ speed. :nonono:

Wow it's back! I remember when you wrecked that car, one of the nicest gt's on this site.

Thanks bro! Really appreciate the complement :nice:

So when you gonna replace that intercooler pipe? :D

Thats all coming up very soon...infact ill probably start ordering some pipe tonight! Im going to replace it with aluminum pipe....atleast that section. The rest maybe later.

I need to um refix one of the turbo to IC pipes that the previous "owner" had fixed...the weld is not good and has holes in it....and the paint they sprayed over has a huge run in it....ugh. Im like a perfectionist and I just cant stand it...bothers me to no end.
Most of the hotside pipes bother me to no end as well....I think ill just redo them too.

And I have like 2 weeks to do this as my friends want to do another dyno session in two weeks.

As far as compression test....came out like this based on memory

160 -------------145
158 -------------151
160 -------------155
158 -------------151

FRONT OF MOTOR

Not too shabby...#8 is the only one thats a bit low. We didnt even bother with the leakdown test.

hot, good to see that animal around! Lost control of my car the other day out in the sticks. I went into a field sideways at a very, very high speed and only damaged a few suspension pieces.

BTW, we should still try to set up a meeting for the texas members. Sealy is a good option, bout an hour or so for you guys and same for the houston members.

Mark

Yea Mark that sounds like a great idea :nice: Id be down for that!

Hey tell you what...any of you guys that want to go, we are running down to S.A.R. on May 27th for my birth day. Going to run the cobra down there :D

Glad you made it out of there alive man....and good thing it didnt really mess your car up. Talk about needing a change of pants lol.