look what i just bid on!

deftsound

Please ask me how much my supercharger cost
Apr 6, 2004
Texas City TX
Well ive been looking for a project fox body for a while and I think this is the one for me. I carfax'd it and it came back clean. Yes it needs a little work but its totally worth what i bid..

Tell me what you guys think

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=190185320606

I dont know whats been done to it but Im assuming it needs a new tranny since he said it grinds a bit in 3rd and 4th. Looks like it needs some body work too but overall I think this would be a good solid project.

• Sponsors (?)

Other than the magnaflow exhaust and short shifter I would assume everything else to be stock. You cant go by the stickers. It has Eibach stickers in the windows,and obviously has stock springs. Rust starting on pass rear quarter,and hatch has bubbles starting. Looks to have been rear ended at 20mph. Not heavy damage but both quarters are buckled. My max bid would be 2500 bucks.

Other than the magnaflow exhaust and short shifter I would assume everything else to be stock. You cant go by the stickers. It has Eibach stickers in the windows,and obviously has stock springs. Rust starting on pass rear quarter,and hatch has bubbles starting. Looks to have been rear ended at 20mph. Not heavy damage but both quarters are buckled. My max bid would be 2500 bucks.

How can you tell it has magnaflow exhaust? Those exhaust tips could be from any brand of exhaust...

How the hell are you seeing the rust bubbles? Please explain the logic behind these assumptions so that I too can see what your seeing...Both quarters are buckled? I guess I dont have good enough eyes to catch it but I sure as hell dont see any buckled quarters, i do see a dent on the passenger quarter but thats it....Those scrapes on the rear bumper could be from any number of things...

i wouldn't buy that car, myself.
bad tranny, bad paint, rusting, dented door, panels don't line up, hideous steering wheel, engine & bay is rough looking. take a look at the the drivers side front 1/4 and the door. Not sure if you noticed, but they don't line up either. And something is off with the rear 1/4's too, look buckled to me also.
The guy says it has a lot of motor work, but i don't see anything. Unless stickers, stereo wires and zip ties count....
Also saying "it runs pretty well" isn't something i'd like to hear.

not trying to rag on you, just wanted to point out some major flaws that you'd have to deal with if you buy it.
i'd suggest waiting for something else. this car will be nothing but a money pit

I bought my last Fox sight unseen online and never again :nonono: The pictures showed a misalignment between the door and quarter just like that one. Turns out the car was in a bad front ender and tha passenger side a-pillar was moved back about 3/4 of an inch. Over 1200 bucks to fix and still weaker than stock. Id say stay away and retract you bid, that car screams nightmare.

I bought my last Fox sight unseen online and never again :nonono: The pictures showed a misalignment between the door and quarter just like that one. Turns out the car was in a bad front ender and tha passenger side a-pillar was moved back about 3/4 of an inch. Over 1200 bucks to fix and still weaker than stock. Id say stay away and retract you bid, that car screams nightmare.

+1 that car looks like it could have some major damage.

i understand you want a project car, but you could be in for a lot more than you bargained for with this one. There are many better cars in the same price range, if you're willing to wait. if you're set on this one, i'd AT LEAST check it out in person.

you to buy cars you can look at even for a project. I see you are from texas, I took 3 minutes on Houston craigslist and found this one

http://houston.craigslist.org/car/483217567.html

and a list of these

http://houston.craigslist.org/search/car?query=mustang&minAsk=min&maxAsk=2600&addTwo=by-owner

I would keep checking craigslist, local listings, used car magazines whatever and really hunt like I did, I landed a good 2 owner GT with only minor surface rust and garaged all its life, plus it's fun looking at stangs :D .

you to buy cars you can look at even for a project. I see you are from texas, I took 3 minutes on Houston craigslist and found this one

http://houston.craigslist.org/car/483217567.html

and a list of these

http://houston.craigslist.org/search/car?query=mustang&minAsk=min&maxAsk=2600&addTwo=by-owner

I would keep checking craigslist, local listings, used car magazines whatever and really hunt like I did, I landed a good 2 owner GT with only minor surface rust and garaged all its life, plus it's fun looking at stangs :D .

im in mobile alabama for 2 months

That first car is white and its a coupe...i want black and a hatchback

Not sure of what was done exactly to the motor but the car is scary fast like no other one I have ever driven
:lol:

I dunno man, just glancing at it..she doesnt look to bad. But if you look closer you start to see a lot of stuff that can add up to big repairs. Id keep looking......

BTW, is that grass hanging from the LH tailpipe hanger???

I agree with most of the stuff you guys are saying. Yes it needs some body work but hell im only paying 2250 for it....

I have had a HARD time finding an original black fox like this for a project for this price.

I would like to see a comparable car for the same price that is black like this one. :shrug: Maybe i just suck at searching for used cars....

im in mobile alabama for 2 months

That first car is white and its a coupe...i want black and a hatchback

you did not specify :D . I was just trying to point out that if you try stuff like this you will come across your fox. trust us looking at it in person and talking to the person you are going to buy it from is much better, plus 99% of the time you can haggle the price. also if you find one you can put a deposit post about it here to get advise if needed.

Why anybody would spend money to Car Fax a car they are going to build is beyond me. And what does one owner mean when it is a project car. A 1 owner car would just cost you more money, and most 1 owner cars aren't bad enough to be called a project car. This is an example of a project car...who cares about the history...this car I got has been AROOOOOOUND!!

http://i184.photobucket.com/albums/x258/svt32vdohc/81notchproject004.jpg