Looking for a 1968 California special in the NorthEast US

chepsk8

Founding Member
Jan 15, 2001
Easton, PA
I'm unsure yet if this is a go, but I am looking for a 1968 California Special, show quality, that may be available for a special display assignment. Top Secret, but Huge...

Post pics here

Dan

• Sponsors (?)

stangonline said:
Righhhttttt. :) You don't have to say any more for us to know what it's for.

Let me take a wild guess - To put along side the new CS models? :)

Contact the seller or buyer of these :
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/68-M...oryZ6236QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1968...oryZ6236QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

And the nicest, IMO:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1968...oryZ6236QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Jeff

Anyone of them would be fine!

:nice:

So when is the new CS due out?

Red, white interior, white GT stripe (of course!). End of my block, eight houses down the cross-street. Owner has had it out of his garage for the past week or so; and moved in the faded, dented 65-66 GT with the Shelby-style scoop that lived under a tarp on the side of his house. He/his wife would probably love the exposure for the car.

Oh. I just re-read the title of the thread. You're looking for one on the opposite corner of the continent. Sorry.

Y'know, I started counting up the number of Stangs that live around me; and I know why I haven't finally succumbed. I get to ride in them, stick my head under the hood(s)..... It's like I'm uncle to a bunch of great kids; I can enjoy them and help spoil them, then they go home with their "parents"! :D

chepsk8 said:
Maybe you can adopt one?

Yeah, right! Cars are like girl-children; the older they get, the lighter your wallet gets! :nonono: You're a Dad; I'd bet you didn't have to dig too deep in the closet for the wasted Levi's in your old "Cheapskate Chronicles" photos!
In my case:
1.)Trish living with her Uncle (Sam) :flag: who keeps her in clothes -at least BDU's, but they come out of her pay- and houses her in a "dorm" of sorts.
2.) Jessie (Dee's age); who's pretty sure that the addition of payments on the F150 -along with the existing payments on her mother's RAM Quad Cab and the house- won't keep me from finding a car (but she'd prefer a truck) for her.
3.) Matt (age 9), who's actually pretty easy-going; but he just keeps outgrowing his clothes weekly!

Add in three dogs, three cats, two goats (gonna be three, the oldest one is either gonna give birth or explode very soon); and let's not forget the herd of "1 horsepower four-hoof-drive vehicles" eating better than I do in the rented stalls south of town; and, well.........

I'm not complaining! I enjoy nearly every minute of it. But on the other hand with all this going on I can't afford to pay attention; much less "adopt" a classic. My discretionary income is pretty much :owned:

Well, I already converted a car once.....

deceiverdone400.jpg

Attachments

• deceiverdone400.jpg
    deceiverdone400.jpg
    35.6 KB · Views: 94