looking for a procharger for my buddies 01 cobra

• Sponsors (?)

Call ProCharger and they will give you phone numbers to other companies who carry their products at a good price. I got mine from ASSC racing. I payed $4100.00 for a polished P-1SC and the III core intercooler w/mass air flow & injectors. Tony was my sales man.+

Brandon

Morpheusgpr said:
What the complete cost psnous?

Whats the expected hp once installed from just the addition of the charger and what psi is safe for daily driving.

6-8 psi with a good tune is plenty safe, some run more and haven't had problems. It's all in the tune and good gas. A buddy of mine that's gonna help me did a 99 Cobra and he was well into the 4xxhp range and deep into the 11's with 6-8 psi, P1SC, 3 core IC, 03 Cobra fuel pump, 42lb injectors, diablo chip with a dyno tune, offroad x-pipe, & catback exhaust.

6-8 psi? I don't think so.
With a good tune, you can easily run 10-12 psi and see 450 rwhp+. Its all in the tune. I have been running mine setup with a 3.2(10 psi GT pulley) and seeing 13 psi at 6500 to redline. I have 10 psi by 5000 and 5 psi by 3000 in cool weather. The P1SC is great for low end torque. I have 400rwtq by 4000 rpm. I don't typically rev my car past 6000 cause it has so much power before that point.

Try Keith Foster at Foster Motorsports in Decatur Alabama. I got mine thru him. www.boostandfuel.com

Also, www.JMSchip.com does good work as far as tuning. However, I would try to find someone closer to you when it comes to tuning so that you can go to them and get dyno tuned.

Good luck, enjoy.

I would agree that 6-8 is a more safe estimate for daily driving. Good gas is key, but 10 lbs will slowly hurt the motor. Finding one used is just about the best idea. I just bought a complete used Novi 1000 kit with IC for $3k. Also, Ebay works great for finding parts.

My 01 should be making 450 rwhp with 8 lbs and the IC. Any more than that(combined with my 4.10s) and the car won't hook on the street at all.

Matt