Looking for an honest reliable shop - frustrated...

Jan 3, 2003
MD
Hi,

I'm looking for an experienced honest mechanic/shop in the Maryland/DC/Northern VA area that can deal with a blown 94 GT. A shop that is looking to diagnose and fix your car, not a shop looking for ways to make money off of you. Every time I bring my car for something, whether big or small, it takes forever and the bill is always outrageous.

thanks.

• Sponsors (?)

Hi,

I'm looking for an experienced honest mechanic/shop in the Maryland/DC/Northern VA area that can deal with a blown 94 GT. A shop that is looking to diagnose and fix your car, not a shop looking for ways to make money off of you. Every time I bring my car for something, whether big or small, it takes forever and the bill is always outrageous.

thanks.
Revolution is in Maryland and has built some quality fast stuff . They worked on a few friends of mine ysi coyote car that they ran nmra with for a few years and they loved them . They do it all there. If you saw last issue or 2 issues ago mmff it had a blown push rod coupe they built in it . Really nice car I have seen it in person as well . They are no strangers to supercharger stuff.
My coupe I built on the right and the one they built on the left .

7E683534-A98F-4411-B4A0-C001CFE8D469.jpeg

• Hell Yeah!
Reactions: 1 user
Revolution is in Maryland and has built some quality fast stuff . They worked on a few friends of mine ysi coyote car that they ran nmra with for a few years and they loved them . They do it all there. If you saw last issue or 2 issues ago mmff it had a blown push rod coupe they built in it . Really nice car I have seen it in person as well . They are no strangers to supercharger stuff.
My coupe I built on the right and the one they built on the left .

7E683534-A98F-4411-B4A0-C001CFE8D469.jpeg
Revolution in Baltimore?

Everytime I see one of these threads...
I always wonder why anybody would invest in a car that they dont, wont, or can't work on themselves.
Every shop out there is gonna fall into one of three categories:
1. I wouldn't let them add oil to my car.
2. They can do the work, it's reasonable. but they take for freakin ever. You may, or may not have to go get your car and move it to another place.
3. They do great work, and you'll pay for it.

I guess itll all come down to your perception of what outrageous is..cause when you find the honest and reliable shop you're looking for, you'll have to readjust that. The first time somebody presented me with a bill where shop labor was in the thousands...that'd be the last.
I'd go buy a iPad and search out a YouTube vid, do it myself, take pictures of what I did with my brand new iPad. And finally,... using my brand new ipad, post them here.
Instead of posting a thread wondering why I have a sign on my forehead that reads "screw me".

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: 1 users