Looking For An Old Car..

Thirsty pilgrim

Aug 22, 2016
image.jpeg
hey all.. So ive been trying to track down my fathers old drag car from the 70s. I posted a few months back but i figured id try again. I know the guy who bought it off my father but after that it gets foggy. It was a 67 fast back with a 427 tri power.. The attached photo is from when my father had the car, after that, rumor is that it was painted green. Thats all i know. My father bought the car from a guy called barry parent who ran the car at new england dragway. If this jogs anyones mind let me know, thanks.

• Sponsors (?)

A good place to try, is to look up the reunion websites for all the old New England and Eastern NY drag strips. A lot of the older guys post on there and still have somewhat of a network going. As an example there is Orange Drag Strip in Mass and Dover Drag Strip in NY.

Hey all. Just an update, i was able to track down the mustang my father used to own back in the late 70's via the vin number. The car ended up in gardner, ma. Talked to the current owner who rescued the car from a local yard of sorts. I didnt actually see the car as it was in storage over the winter but i got a picture of a picture, car still has the tubs from its racing days.
3480ltt.jpg