Looking for new VCs...

Anyone running these??? Im thinking they could be do-able with my Fox set-up?? Would have to re-route the oil breather around...These are the same 3 3/4" tall as my chromes...Whatya think???

frpp_blk_vcs.jpg
 
Thanks, I think the Black would work......seen these before and had a woody for em... :D
I kinda dinged my chromes around for my Explorer as it hit due to running an elbow, but the Cobra clears em just fine....Have to take a look/see to make sure it'll go...Price is real reasonable to...

RC...no dice....the TB would get hung up...thats were my dings came from when running the elbo adapter..

I wanna show it at FFW this year in August, so I want it looking sweet....my chromes are lost in there..you can hardly see em...

Jake...thats some Voodoo chit you got.... :D
 
If they fit, they'll look awesome Andy. I've always liked them, but they are awefully high... at least the ones I looked at were. I'd think they'd hit on the driverside vacuum line under the intake. Are you sure they fit???
 
Ordered those VCs today....i asked my bud if i could return if they dont fit...no problem...i got em for 109.00, no shipping....

looks like the alternator may be an issue??? will have to install em to try the fit...my Fox throttle bracket has to maybe be modified by 1/4" to clear...gonna fab something up outta Aluminum for that...the stock bracket looks like ass anyway...gonna trick it out some..an intake spacer would cure that 1/4" but i dont wanna run one....been there done that...

The drivers side vac line is not an issue....that can be cut to stuuby it up, rotate it 90 deg and still have 3/4" clearance..

The oil fill may be an issue to???? I have seen 2 models of these covers with hole on either both or one side??? Its looking like the fill will be back by the throttle bracket..?? that could be an issue....either way its fixable i think...I dont mind a little fab work...my son loves bring stuff to work...he has a entire NC arsenal of machines and he loves programing...his shop does mostly R&D work anyway and he has free run of the place... :D

If the alts not a problem and things dont get to funky, i should have em on next week for sure....
 
RIO5.0 said:
Ordered those VCs today....i asked my bud if i could return if they dont fit...no problem...i got em for 109.00, no shipping....

looks like the alternator may be an issue??? will have to install em to try the fit...my Fox throttle bracket has to maybe be modified by 1/4" to clear...gonna fab something up outta Aluminum for that...the stock bracket looks like ass anyway...gonna trick it out some..an intake spacer would cure that 1/4" but i dont wanna run one....been there done that...

The drivers side vac line is not an issue....that can be cut to stuuby it up, rotate it 90 deg and still have 3/4" clearance..

The oil fill may be an issue to???? I have seen 2 models of these covers with hole on either both or one side??? Its looking like the fill will be back by the throttle bracket..?? that could be an issue....either way its fixable i think...I dont mind a little fab work...my son loves bring stuff to work...he has a entire NC arsenal of machines and he loves programing...his shop does mostly R&D work anyway and he has free run of the place... :D

If the alts not a problem and things dont get to funky, i should have em on next week for sure....
If all these things may be an "issue", why are they made that way? What car are they intended to be used on?

RC
 
Ya...I know there are those that fit...But I wanted these so its worth the fab work to me....plus I dont mind doing it....plus these were only 109.00...Anderson and BBKs I believe are twice that and then some???

With the gasket these are 4" tall.....these dont have a lip to hold the gasket either...I had a pair of Fel-Pros I bought by accident and hung onto em..They fit mint and have the metal washers in the holes....
Get a rainy day and I'll tear it apart and see what happens....
They are sweet looking tho.... :D

frpp_black_satin_vcs....jpg
 
Update...Well I got em on...They do need some "fab work" for sure..I almost said screw it...But damn they do look good....
Keep in mind this is a Fox TB set-up....

Pass side...couple issues....Had to cut the throttle bracket..this way my breather fits with the logo correct...need to run a new line to my CAI...no biggie there...will aslo run the baffle inside the VC (side note...I made my new CAI with the oil fill tube this time...had little to no oil in the intake runners, without thetube, had all kinds of oil in the lower intake...the baffle in this new cover should kill the oil in the U/L for good... :D )
fms_blk_vcs_pass_side.jpg


Throttle ball...with just the upper on the lower this is what i had... :bang: Its was either cut about 6" off the top for linkage clearance or run a spacer...The spacer won out here...I didn't want to burn the finish all to hell, and actuallt the spacer shows more VC...I liked that better...1/2" spacer cures this issue..Actually the throttle bracket needs some room to as it want to hit the VC...so this kills 2 things....
fms_blk_vcs_linkage.jpg


Next problem...The Alternator hits.... :bang: Cured this by cutting a approx 1" hole in that area (well hidden and youll never see it) I layed in some Aluminum tape and then layed the ole JB weld to that...will cover that with the same crinkle paint...done deal...I was about 1/2 hole away from getting the bolts in so I was screwed...I could have elongated em but chose not to...these VCs have no lip for the gasket....
fms_blk_vcs_alt.jpg


Drivers side...this is tit...you can see the White rag hanging out back...that nipple has to be rotated to head to the fire wall...all set there...Having a plug milled up to slide in that breather hole...this side is nothing...
fms_blk_vcs.jpg


All thats left is to lenghten the bolts for the spacer...The 93 Cobra takes (2)special 7" bolts...Will take then to work and have someone add 3/4" to all the bolts...
No problem with RRs on these...tons of room...I have the R hood so no probs there....These are 3/4" taller that my chromes I was running but actually slide on like butter over the RRs...No lip makes then easier bith on and off...
There a little work but nothing that cant be overcome.... :D

You could hardly see the chromes I had before...This stand right out nice..Me likes em....
fms_blk_vcs_2.jpg