Looking for suspension How-Tos

DageonYar

Jun 15, 2005
I finally ordered the FRPP handling kit, and now I'm looking to read up on installing it before the package arrives so I don't run into any surprises... Does anyone have any good sites on How-To's for the springs, shocks, anti-roll bars? I found a couple on the springs, but not having any luck with the anti-roll bars or shocks installs... I'll be picking up the bandaids tonight in preperation ;)

• Sponsors (?)

Shocks and struts are pretty self-explanitory. For the front, you have to undo the bottom to let the spring out. All you have to do then is undo the top under the engine bay and it'll come out. The trick is getting the top nut off, that gave me some real trouble.

As for the rear, you have to take off some pieces in the trunk to get access to the top bolts and the bottom is easy.

If you do a search in the tech section, there is a write-up from d and d motorsports that is pretty good.

I don't know if any specific "how-to" sites on that. But I have changed out springs, shocks/struts and sway bars more times than I care to admit. If you run into any trouble, I'm sure I can be of assistance some how, if not, someone else will chime in.

The way I end up doing it requires only basic hand tools and a torque wrench if you want to make sure your wheels and other misc bolts are torqued to proper specs. Or you can just get it on there pretty tight and have a wheel/tire shop torque it for ya.