looking for the best intank fuel pump for my 98gt

rw98gt

Jun 26, 2006
peabody, ma
:shrug:hey guys, i'm looking to replace my stock in tank fuel pump and my in line boost pump for a solid reliable high flow intank fuel pump to work with my 98gt's returnless fuel system. Currently I'm running 42 lb injectors w/my supercharger running @ 11 lbs. I would prefer a quiet one if there is one (I'm getting tired of the wineing noise). I'm only looking for the pump to support up to 500hp I don't need anything more than that. let me know whats good.
thanks.;)

• Sponsors (?)

I've been using a green top Focus SVT pump in my 98 and have been happy with it. They flow an honest 217LPH when KB did their fuel pump shoot out. It's my understanding that the 99+ pumps can be used in the earlier cars, but not the other way around, due to the returnless systems using variable voltage pulses to control FP and, if I remember right, they are turbine pumps fro 99+ and rotary in the 98-

Although 96-98 are return style while 99-04 are returnless, the difference in pumps is whether they are constant or varied voltage. 96-97 uses constant voltage (and thus must use a pump for those year models) while 98-04 uses variable voltage. The return style vs. returnless difference is within the sending unit assemblies and fuel hat, not the pump itself. Thus the 98 uses the same pump as the 99-04s. The SVT Focus pump will work perfectly fine in a 98 and will support as much horsepower as a non-built motor is going to make.

I have a Focus pump in mine and am happy with it. You can hear it, but it is far from obnoxious or anything. My exhaust is much louder than the fuel pump.

If you want a SVT Focus fuel pump, call Steve at Tousley Ford (1-800-328-9552). I spent the last two weeks looking for an SVT Focus pump (a rock in the road destroyed my old one along with my tank) and he had the cheapest price I could find (about $160 shipped, IIRC). And Steve is an amazingly helpful and nice guy.