Looking To Buy A 94' Gt

• Sponsors (?)

As the title states, I am looking to buy a 94' GT Convertible 5-Speed currently listed on ebay. Here is the link http://www.ebay.com/itm/252433491092?_trksid=p2060353.m1431.l2649&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT#viTabs_2

The car looks pretty decent to me, and it looks like he did a good amount of work. This would be a secondary car for me.

What do you guys think about this car, and what is the value?

Many thanks,
TY

Well, since you asked.

The SN 95 Mustang is not a very popular version of the car, purely from a cosmetic standpoint. The lack of desirability is evidenced in the selling price of those cars. However, If you can get past the looks, then they make for an excellent starting platform. The 94 and 95 models kept the 5.0 running gear, which is one of the items you can ck on the "pro" side for the car you're looking at. Additionally, the SN 95 mustangs have disc brakes, and 5 lug's on all four corners. Again, another "pro" for these cars.

If you choose to go with a later model year (96-99)
The car changes after that and in 96, gets a 2 valve SOHC modular engine that had different power characteristics, and is considerably more expensive to modify solely because of that. Additionally, the engines from 96-99 were down on power, and didn't change until 2000 when Ford improved the heads. Power goes from 215 to 265 because of that.

If you plan on modding the engine heavily, a 5.0 SN95 is a good starting point. If you are gonna stick with bolt ons, seek out a 99-04 GT, or a 96-98 GT and do a Pi head swap

Sent from my big ass iPhone 6 using Tapatalk

Just my. 02 that car isn't worth a penny more than 2.5k. It's been in an accident, the interior is crumbling, it's a convertible, and while the mileage isn't high you are going to run into the problem that plagues all fords that are more than 15 years old-failing electrical components which can present themselves in a multitude of ways.

That being said the 94-5 cars are slightly going up in value. Provided the car was repaired correctly and you can get it cheap enough it may not be a bad buy and you can enjoy it while still having funds left over to take care of some of the issues that a 20 year old car will present. Are you close enough that you can view the vehicle?
Unless you are stuck on a 5.0 you can pick up a 99-04 gt for 4-5k and as much as I hate the 4.6 they are a much better car.

Reactions: 1 user