Looking to replace MACH 460 head unit. Looking for installer in ORLANDO

Mustang2004GT

Jul 23, 2004
I'm looking for a good car stereo place to replace my MACH 460 head unit in my 2002 GT Vert. I don't want to replace any other components of the stereo system. I have read on this forum that it is possible to do. However what needs to be done is beyond my understanding\capability of installing car stereos.

Does anyone know of an installer in Orlando that is an expert in replacing the MACH 460 head unit???? In my old car I had an Alpine deck with my IPod integrated into it and I really miss having this. PLEASE help!!!!

Thanks,

Wayne

• Sponsors (?)

SIMPLE SIMPLE, call up cruthfield or go to their website, get the stereo you want and they sell the adapter to link up with all of your other factory amps and speakers. I'm no electrition and I installed a sony CD player through my factory components NO problem, just saying if you are interested in saving money!

Are you still utilizing the factory amps? I have been doing a lot of research on this and I have been told a lot of different things. I was told by Metra Wiring harness company's tech support that I need to install a crossover and low pass filters in order to make the system sound good. Crutchfields website says that you have to replace all of the audio components to make a new head unit work. I have heard so many different things I don't know what to believe.

What year is your Stang? My is a 2002 and from what I have been told there is a difference between 2001, 2002, etc

Mustang2004GT said:
Are you still utilizing the factory amps? I have been doing a lot of research on this and I have been told a lot of different things. I was told by Metra Wiring harness company's tech support that I need to install a crossover and low pass filters in order to make the system sound good. Crutchfields website says that you have to replace all of the audio components to make a new head unit work. I have heard so many different things I don't know what to believe.

What year is your Stang? My is a 2002 and from what I have been told there is a difference between 2001, 2002, etc

Yup, I'm still using the factory amps, no crossovers at all and it sounds pretty damn good crutchfield has the adapter. All you should have to do is splice the harness into the one that comes with your stereo. My car is 95 but still has the Mach system I don't think there would be a difference in the components but I'm no expert on that. To me, if it's a MACH 460 all components should be the same except maybe the head unit. The guys at crutchfield would know though. If they say you can you can if not, then my old 95 experience can't help you too much, sorry man, and good luck!