Looking to Upgrade my Suspension

Timin

Founding Member
Jul 23, 2001
Houston
I have had Eibach Pro Springs on the car for about 45k now with the stock suspension. I know that it is long overdue for a suspension upgrade; the ride quality has really gone down the drain over the past year or so. I was looking at Strange, Bilstein, or Tokico Adjustable Shocks/Struts(leaning towards Strange, I found a real good deal.) I was curious as to what other things I can upgrade while swapping out the suspension. Theres a lot of squeeks that come mostly from the rear end of the car when I take off or go over bumps in the road. I tried greasing the Control arm bushings and it got rid of the squeeks for a few hours at best, so I am definitely going to replace the bushings and put in new isolators when I get it done.

I am overall just trying to improve the drivability of the car, not interested in making it ready for drag or autocross anytime soon. If anyone has some knowledge with suspensions I am just looking for some other things that I should probably replace when I eventually get this done?

-Karl

• Sponsors (?)

If you are going for handling I would get the bilstein or tockico shocks and struts.

drag racing I would look at strange stuff.

my .02 is shocks, struts, subframes (full lenghts), rear control arms with sherical bushings and/or panhard rod. I went with the MM spherical rear control arms as they help locate the rear axel side to side much better than stock and It was cheaper than doing the panhard rod as well. did not have the budget for the control arms and panhard rod.

replace the isolators as well. posiblp put some new rubber bushings in the upper rear contrl arms.

you could always do the panhard rod and then just new bushings in the rear control arms and just box the lowers up or something. the lower rear control arms suck though

For a street handling car, I'd lean towards the Bullit package. you can reuse your springs, use the Bullitt dampers and sway bars, and sell the Bullitt spirngs and the cost is actually quite low.

I'd get good SFC's and a set of lower control arms like MM's or Steeda aluminums. The uppers should be FRPP/Steeda HD parts (same thing).

Look over the rest of your bushings and isolators and replace as needed and you'll have a great ride that handles well.