Looks At This Car On Craigslist

BlakeusMaximus

Still got to try a little lube on my speedo head
5 Year Member
Jul 12, 2017
https://albuquerque.craigslist.org/cto/d/1988-ford-mustang-gt/6469341750.html

$10,500?? I’m holding myself back on contacting this guy and telling him “yeah right!” Nice original/ local car. You can see the Rich Ford dealer sticker on the deck lid which is a ford dealer here in Albuquerque. I’m thinking $7500 at most if that is the actual mileage and being a vert. It’s probably rust free being it’s been in NM it’s whole life, but I think he’s asking too much. What do you guys think?

Last edited:
  • Sponsors (?)

I don't know... even the radio and plug wires are stock...
Someone will pay 10,500, no doubt in my mind, so, offering 7500 is a bit jackolantern in my book. Let's be honest, 10,500 is not much money when looking at car prices today, and to find a 5.0 that is stock (reliable) is getting harder and harder. Almost all of them have been modified, by who and with what care...?
Lots of folks are in denial regarding the fact that these cars in good stock condition are increasing in price. Sure, 5, 8 years ago you could have picked that up for 5500... but that was 5, 8 years ago.

If it had "namebrand here" heads cam intake 3.73's and "namebrand here" shifter it would probably be a 7500 car.

I paid $9500 for my 50k mile 1993 GT hatchback. Engine is 100% stock including wires and hoses. Has gears and some suspension work. Still has factory CD player and A/C is still R12 and blows cold. I'd say $9-10k is a fair asking price. Whether they get it or not is up to the seller and buyer.

https://albuquerque.craigslist.org/cto/d/1988-ford-mustang-gt/6469341750.html

$10,500?? I’m holding myself back on contacting this guy and telling him “yeah right!” Nice original/ local car. You can see the Rich Ford dealer sticker on the deck lid which is a ford dealer here in Albuquerque. I’m thinking $7500 at most if that is the actual mileage and being a vert. It’s probably rust free being it’s been in NM it’s whole life, but I think he’s asking too much. What do you guys think?
Its a 1988 enough said

Up here in the northeast, if it's rustfree and that low miles, it would prob sell for $10k

It would have an easier time selling if it was a hardtop, or had a grey interior.

As much as I'd hate to say it...I'd consider paying $10k for a clean 5-spd fox. After searching for a driver last summer, I'm convinced all that's left are ratted out rust-mobiles up here. THe more I look at them locally, the more I come to realize values really are going up...but for a specific segment of cars

I'm sure they are easier to find out of the rust belt.

Reactions: 1 user
Reactions: 1 users
I was just thinking it’s a little much for a convertible, maybe if it was a notch or a GT. That hatch is cool, but, yeah if it was a 5 speed, it would be cooler! I could see spending the money on that one.

Last edited:
Up here in the northeast, if it's rustfree and that low miles, it would prob sell for $10k

It would have an easier time selling if it was a hardtop, or had a grey interior.

As much as I'd hate to say it...I'd consider paying $10k for a clean 5-spd fox. After searching for a driver last summer, I'm convinced all that's left are ratted out rust-mobiles up here. THe more I look at them locally, the more I come to realize values really are going up...but for a specific segment of cars

I'm sure they are easier to find out of the rust belt.
There’s always some for sale down here.

If I didn't already have one, I would do a road trip to get one down south.

Since I already have my "$10k" fox, really just rather scoop up s driver. Been casually looking at SN95s.

I always look, but I don’t think I’ll find a better one than the one I have. It wasall stock and rust free, just needed a lot of tlc when I bought it. Even the paint is original, except the front bumper. I’ll have to find a oem cover sometime. I had a white notch that was supposed to be “the car”, but I guess I will have to be this one. I dig it. I don’t think it’s a 10k car, but worth way more then I paid for it. Got it off a older man who just wanted to liquidate.

The first one you posted in my opinion is no where near a 10.5k car. He's on a fishing expedition. I seriously doubt he would get anywhere near that for it. The paint and the top look questionable to me, the front bumper cover where it meets the drivers fender looks like it has had work. It is misaligned (worse than the factory did) and the paint looks a different shade completely. The rims beside being ugly are filthy, and the tires look bald. (at least the front one in the picture). I know these are getting harder to find as the years pass but 10k is a LOT of money for a car in this condition. I firmly believe there are still hidden treasures out there that can be found with patience.

The first one you posted in my opinion is no where near a 10.5k car. He's on a fishing expedition. I seriously doubt he would get anywhere near that for it. The paint and the top look questionable to me, the front bumper cover where it meets the drivers fender looks like it has had work. It is misaligned (worse than the factory did) and the paint looks a different shade completely. The rims beside being ugly are filthy, and the tires look bald. (at least the front one in the picture). I know these are getting harder to find as the years pass but 10k is a LOT of money for a car in this condition. I firmly believe there are still hidden treasures out there that can be found with patience.[/.

That’s what I was thinking. :nice:

The first one you posted in my opinion is no where near a 10.5k car. He's on a fishing expedition. I seriously doubt he would get anywhere near that for it. The paint and the top look questionable to me, the front bumper cover where it meets the drivers fender looks like it has had work. It is misaligned (worse than the factory did) and the paint looks a different shade completely. The rims beside being ugly are filthy, and the tires look bald. (at least the front one in the picture). I know these are getting harder to find as the years pass but 10k is a LOT of money for a car in this condition. I firmly believe there are still hidden treasures out there that can be found with patience.
That’s what I was thinking :nice:

The top alone would cost some serious cash to be replaced. Maybe...10k if that was redone. It still is a nice car, but I’m still sticking with about $7500 bucks.