Looks like I need a frame rail...

Roddster67

Founding Member
Jun 27, 2001
Lake Forest, CA.
Has anyone seen something like this before? It's the driver's side front rail, and the only one that looks like this. I want to put subframe connectors on, but now it looks like I have to take care of this first. You think a curb did this, or possibly something else?

IMG_2932.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_2932.jpg
    IMG_2932.jpg
    74.1 KB · Views: 79
  • Sponsors (?)

I would put a straight edge ont he flange that mounts to the floorpans to check and see if it straight. From the picture it looks really bowed, you might have to do some floorpan surgery to fix that mess.

So here is a question... say you've got a frame rail that messed up like that... or maybe even less. If you were planning to use through the floor/frame subframe connectors; could you start them forward near their beginning point and basically cut out the bottom off the original frame so the connector acts as the bottom with the sides of the rails welded to it? This way it directly ties in all of the subframe?

So here is a question... say you've got a frame rail that messed up like that... or maybe even less. If you were planning to use through the floor/frame subframe connectors; could you start them forward near their beginning point and basically cut out the bottom off the original frame so the connector acts as the bottom with the sides of the rails welded to it? This way it directly ties in all of the subframe?

You can do that, It is kinda like what I did however you going to have to angle the subframe connectors to attach to the rear subframes. Also the rear subframes are about half the thickness as the front. Your better off tieing in the front to the rear spring mount. Just my opinion.,