Lost Cause?!? Strut tower rust, PICS inside

I dont know how I missed this, I checked out everything pretty well before I bought it.

2011-06-28_19-13-34_60.jpg

Is it a lost cause? I know nothing is if you wanna spend the cash, but what kind of cash are we talking about?

At this point it is almost half way through the tower....

Advice?!?!?

• Sponsors (?)

Pull the motor and plumbing. Take it to a body shop. With everything out of the way, I don't imagine that it'll cost a mint but it will probably dent the butt cheek your wallet normally resides in.

It can be fixed, easier with everything out of the way but if you pull the header and brake booster and associated stuff it may have enough room. Id expect atleast $300, or more depending on how much more is found once you start grimding....it could snowball quick.

It can be fixed, easier with everything out of the way but if you pull the header and brake booster and associated stuff it may have enough room. Id expect atleast $300, or more depending on how much more is found once you start grimding....it could snowball quick.

With rust there, you probably have rust elsewhere. Check the car out really well. Rockers, doglegs, floors, quarters behind the ground effects, trunk bottom and rear subframe rails are common areas. Rust rarely affects just one area.

Good thing, its all fixable. Bad thing, its expensive to have someone else do it.

--
Dan in ND